Chapter 8

Catherine bit her lip as they walked towards Xavier's house. Her mind was complete chaos as she thought over every bad scenario, making herself believe the pack would hate her. As they grew closer, she suddenly stopped, causing Xavier to stumble a bit. He spun around, giving her a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Catherine swallowed nervously, "Don't you think we're taking things....fast?" She asked.

Xavier frowned, "Not really...but if you feel that way, then, introducing you as my mate can wait."

She bit her lip as her mate waited patiently, that look of concern never leaving his face. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair, not knowing what to do.

"Hey, relax, it can wait." Xavier said, trying to prevent her panic attack.

She frowned, "I'm not the greatest mate, huh?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "No, you're the perfect mate. Where is all this sudden doubt coming from?"

"I...I don't know. I'm just scared."

"Of what?"

"Of the pack hating me. My own family couldn't love me, how could a new pack?" She blurted out.

Xavier's eyes widened, "Hey, listen to me. If our pack decides to be terrible towards you, my mate and their Luna, then they can answer to me. But our pack isn't like that, honestly, they're very curious about you. I have been questioned numerous times anout who you are. No doubt people are starting to figure it out. However, if this makes you uncomfortable and you feel as if we're going too fast, then I'll have no problem waiting."

She clenched her jaw, before he could say anything, she hugged him. He immediately tensed up, confused as to what he should do. Catherine noticed him awkwardly putting his arms around her, clearly trying to figure out what to do.

She pulled away and frowned, "Do you know what a hug is?"

"Yeah, I just...er...never been...hugged. At least, in a long time." He mumbled, blushing a little.

Catherine smiled softly, "Just hug me back, you'll be fine."

When she hugged him again, Xavier softly hugged her back. Catherine chuckled at her mate's confusion, she wouldst tell him, but she found it adorable. Once they parted again, she took a deep breath and told him to introduce her.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

She nodded, "Lunas are usually introduced by the second day of meeting their mate. This is the fourth day."

He chuckled, "Fair enough."

When they reached the house, multiple pack members were already outside, anxiously waiting. They all became silent as Xavier guided Catherine to the porch, for the whole pack to see them. Once they were in front of the pack, Xavier smiled.

"I know you have all been confused about this beautiful woman right here. Well, I want to tell you, she is my mate and your Luna." He announced.

Immediately, the crowd erupted into cheers as Catherine blushed. Xavier chuckled when she tried hiding behind him, but he kept her from doing so.

"They love you, relax." He whispered.

She smiled a little before grabbing his hand in a tigbt grip. He rubbed soothing circles on her hand with his thumb, hoping it would help her to relax.

"Alpha, if you don't mind me asking, can I challenge her? Winner gets you and the Luna title." A female yelled.

Everyone growled lowly at her as she rolled her eyes at them. Xavier sighed tiredly when he recognized the she-wolf.

"Daria, that is forbidden. It would be a waste of my time and your Luna's time. One, she would easily beat you, and two...I don't want you. Never did and never will. Instead of trying to steal everyone's mate, go find your own." He snarled.

Daria blanched as the pack laughed and cheered, once the noise died down, Xavier grinned.

"So, do we approve of our Luna?" He teased.

"I think we have the world's most beautiful Luna." A woman smiled.

"I want grandbabies! I know you're pissed at me, but I want grandbabies." A woman sounded.

Xavier quickly spotted his mother in the crowd, her silver colored eyes shining with joy. Catherine glanced at Xavier, he mouthed "later" before wrapping his arm around her waist.

The woman walked up the porch steps and studied Catherine, causing the young Luna to shift uncomfortably on her feet. She frowned when she noticed the slight fear in her eyes and quickly backed off. She turned her gaze to her seethin son, his blue eyes shined with a coldness that broke her heart.

She released a breath, "I came here to discuss the last rogue attack." She mumbled.

Xavier nodded and dismissed his pack, Catherine silently followed him as they walked into the house.

"Princess, why don't you go and rest? It has been a long day." He suggested.

Catherine frowned and just like that, the fire sparked in her eyes. "You won't kill your mother, who you apparently hate, if I'm not here?"

Xavier opened his mouth to answer, but snapped it shut and looked away.

"Uh huh, thought so. I think I'll stay, I don't need my future mother-in-law being killed by her own son." She sighed.

His mother smiled a little before following them to his office. Both women could sense the anger in the alpha, it sent a chilling fear through their veins.

Xavier sat down, his grip immediately becoming tight on the chair. Catherine awkwardly stood besids him before he gently grabbed her and sat her on his lap. He closed his eyes as she started to run her fingers through his hair.

"Relax." She whispered.

"I think you're bi-polar." He mumbled.

"Eh, werewolves are known for being bi-polar." She grinned.

He shook his head before looking at his mother, "So, Luna Harper, what do you want to know?"

Harper looked up with a pained expression, "I just wanted to know if my son was okay."