Chapter 10

Harper spent the rest of the day with Xavier ane Catherine, much to Xavier's dismay once Harper shared a few embarrassing stories.

"Oh, and the best is when he was four and decided he wanted to be a rebel. He sprinted across the beach, butt naked." Harper chuckled.

Xavier internally groaned, "Mom..."

"What? Embarrassed?" Harper mused.

"Very."

Catherine laughed, "I think that's an adorable story."

"Uh huh, what about your embarrassing moments when you were baby?" He snapped.

Catherine clenched her jaw and looked away, "I would know them if my parents..."

She trailed off and shook the thoughts from her mind. "I'm going go rest, it has been a long day."

Harper gave her a concerned look, "Sweetie, are you okay?"

Catherine forced a smile, "I'm fine."

She didn't say a word to Xavier as she walked past him, not like he tried to ask what was wrong. He just sat there, confused and annoyed.

"You're sleeping in my room." He suddenly called from the family room.

Catherine bit her lip, "I much rather sleep in a guest room."

"Fine. Have it your way." He growled.

"Xavier, knock it off, you sound like Maddox." Harper scolded.

That shut him up quickly.

Catherine walked down the Alpha wing, knowing no one would sleep in this hall. She chose the first room she stumbled upon, refusing to be close to his room. She knew she may be overreacting, but she couldn't stand it when she would be reminded by how much they hate her. Their own daughter.

She curled up under the sheets and sighed, she had quickly melted into the darkness.

When she woke up again, she noticed the room was darker and the sun had gone down. She slipped out of the covers, cautiously, she made her way to the door. When she poked her head out, the hall was lit and so was the rest of the house.

"You're up."

She jumped a little, Xavier didn't smile as he walked out of his room. She swallowed and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"Yes, I guess I was more tired than I thought." She replied.

He nodded, "It was childish of you to storm off like that, you know?"

She clenched her jaw, "I don't like talking about my parents."

"I didn't know that."

"You knew I had family problems and you knew my father wasn't the best. I'm pretty sure that hinted to, not wanting to talk about my family." She replied, trying her hardest to keep her voice calm.

He clenched his jaw, his eyes held a cold look as he studied her. "My father wasn't the best either, but I have no problem talking about him."

"How ignorant are you? I'm not you, Xavier. My family problems are far deeper than your's." She snarled.

He narrowed his eyes, "So? Doesn't mean you can act childish. I don't want any Luna of mine throwing a tantrum."

She gaped at him, "What has gotten into you?"

"You embarrassed me in front of my mom by acting like that. I didn't appreciate it."

"Well, I don't appreciate you acting like an ass." She snarled.