Chapter 7

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes! My birthday was amazing! Sorry I'm just replying back now, I have been busy all weekend!

Catherine sat in the waiting room as the doctors worked on stitching Xavier's leg closed, even though he told them he was fine. She was checked for injuries as well, but she was more concerned about her mate. She was also concerned with what he was going do once he was healed, she knew she was in trouble for disobeying him. She snapped her head up when Xavier came storming out of his hospital room, well, more like limping out. 

"They tried getting me to take medicine." he grumbled. 

Catherine rolled her eyes, "Are you serious right now?" 

"Yes."

"Xavier."

"No, I am not taking the medicine."

"What is it for?"

"Pain."

"Does your leg hurt?"

"Maybe."

"Fine. You can suffer." 

He scowled at her before smirking, "If you kiss me-

"Not happening."

"Damn it."

Catherine sighed as Xavier decided to curl up on the tiny chairs, mumbling about being tired. She slowly got up to find the doctor so she could discharge him, she knew he wouldn't want to sleep in the infirmary. It took her a full fifteen minutes to track the doctor down, but took her another hour just to gain his attention. He was rushing around, trying to find his lunch before he decided to finally pay attention to the fuming she-wolf.

"What?" he snarled.

She clenched her jaw, "I need to discharge Xavier."

"The alpha? He can just leave." he replied.

"Uh huh, so, if I take him back to his house to rest, I won't be tracked down by any of your nurses?" 

He sighed, "Fine. The papers are at the front desk."

Catherine turned around and started heading back to the front desk when she saw Xavier already there, asking for his papers. She rolled her eyes, before Xavier could yell at the annoyed nurse, Catherine snatched the papers and signed them. 

"He's going home." she stated, thrusting the papers back into the woman's hands.

The nurse glared at her, "You can't sign those papers. He has to or...anyone he gives permission to."

"I have his permission, we'll be leaving now." Catherine growled back.

Xavier smirked as he started walking towards the front doors, his arm wrapped around Catherine's waist. The minute they were outside, she quickly pulled herself away from him. He frowned, but she continued looking down at the ground.

"Too fast?" he asked softly.

Catherine snapped her head up, "No, just...sorry."

He sighed before gently cupping her face, she slowly looked up at him. He smiled as he studied her, for the first time, Xavier got to truly study his mate. He was lost in her beauty, he couldn't form words to describe her as she had taken his breath away. He noticed the sorrow in her eyes as she quickly looked away from him.

"You know I won't hurt you...right?" He asked.

Catherine slowly looked at him, he saw the doubt, but he knew she wanted to believe him. He silently wondered who had hurt her so much that caused her trust issues. He smiled softly at her as he gently took her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"You're my mate, the one thing I have dreamed about finding. I don't care if it takes you a billion years to believe me and trust me, I will never leave you." He said, kissing her softly on the forehead.

Catherine smiled, "Thank you."

He grinned, "Come on, I think it's time the pack learned who you are."

A/N: Is this going too fast?