Chapter 12

"Where shall we go today?" Zinnia questioned.

Catherine pursed her lips, "How about the mall? I forgot to buy myself sneakers the other day."

"Sounds good to me, but...Xavier and my cousin are there right now." Zinnia frowned.

"So? If he respects me, he'll leave me alone." Catherine replied.

"But it's Xavier, you know, the guy who really really wants you."

"If he tries talking to me, then I'll shut him down right away. I won't reject him, but I want nothing to do with him."

"Out of curiosity, when will you forgive him?"

The she-wolf bit her lip, "After mating season."

Zinnia bit her lip, "I know you're pissed at him, but remember what I told you?"

"What?"

"His wolf will force a shift...it could kill him." She murmured.

Catherine frowned, the thought of him going through that much pain didn't sit well with her. However, she didn't voice her concerns, she just shrugged and walked into the bathroom.

Xavier winced as he walked out of his room, bruises decorated his chest and stomach, his ribs were broken, that much he knew. He tried taking a deep breath, but it proved to be difficult.

"Whoa, what happened to you?" Chad asked, chuckling.

Xavier clenched his jaw, "Sylvana's husband and his four friends jumped me."

"And you didn't fight back?"

"No, I deserve this."

Chad raised an eyebrow, "What did you do?"

"I lied to Catherine and acted as if Sylvana and I were going to have sex."

"Wow. You do know, if the pack finds out...you'll lose their respect?"

"I know, which is why they won't find out."

"Six people know what you did, excluding Catherine. Someone is bound to tell." He frowned.

Xavier ran a hand through his hair, "Then let them. It is none of their business anyway."

Chad smirked as he watched Xavier disappear into his office. He chuckled to himself before humming a tune and walking the opposite way.

After they were done at the mall, Catherine was relieved to start heading to the apartment. She loved shopping, but not when her arms felt as if they would fall off.

"Luna!"

She turned around to see two women running towards her. She frowned as they gave her looks full of pity.

"I am so sorry our Alpha did what he did." The first one breathed.

Catherine frowned, "Excuse me?"

The second one raised an eyebrow, "He cheated on you."

"Oh, that...." Catherine cleared her throat. "He didn't exactly cheat."

"But he tried. He's such a disgusting man." The woman sneered.

Catherine furrowed her eyebrows, "How did you find out?"

"Oh, Ricardo and his friends were bragging about beating the crap out of Alpha Xavier for it." They replied.

"Is he okay?" She questioned, unable to keep the concern from leaking into her voice.

They both nodded, causing her to relax.

"But you still have to decide his punishment." The second chirped.

Catherine paled, "Wh-what?"

"It's pack law. If someone cheats on their mate, their mate decides their punishmemt. It can be anything, except for torture and death."

"I...don't know..."

"If you don't want to decide, the beta or gamma could."

Catherine bit her lip, "I guess I'll let Chad deal with it."

The two women nodded before walking away, as she watched them merge with the crowd, she sighed. She didn't know he would be punished for it.

"So, I'm deciding his punishment?"

She rolled her eyes, "Why do you and Xavier appear out of nowhere all the time?"

Chad chuckled, "It's a habit."

"I see. Well, yes, you can decide. I don't want to see his face."

"Great, I have something in mind."