Polka Dots and Stripes

Edited.

This chapter is long but I didn't know how to end it. I'm going to try and update a lot before I go back to school because it's an exam year and with volunteering and work, I'll have hardly any spare time. 

The car sped through the woods, the uneven ground causing us to jump in our seats and hit our heads off of the roof. Emily looked furious and eventually told the driver that if he didn't slow down she was going 'behead him and feed it to her ducks.'

He decided to slow down.

Curtains were drawn in the car when we were close to the destination. I tried to fix my hair as much as I could but it was visibly lacking compared to the others hairs. I settled for two small braids at the front of my hair and pulled them back and clipped them together. It was the best I could do.

Emily held my hands tightly in hers, our hands grew sweaty after a few minutes but neither of us cared. The car rolled to a stop, silence enveloping the car. The other bridesmaids shifted excitedly in their seats, eager to see the venue.

I looked at Emily and was alarmed at how pale she had gotten.

"Em, look calm down. I'll be right by your side through the whole thing and you're marrying your mate.He loves you and you love him and you'll have him and me by your side if you ever need anybody to talk to, O.K.?" I searched her eyes and she nodded at me, rolling out her shoulders and sticking her chin out. "Good."

The passenger door was opened on the other side and all of the bridesmaids slid out, Emily refused to let go of my hand as I got out so I awkwardly manoeuvred myself out with one hand, I stumbled slightly when I was fully out and stood half bent next to the car while I waited for Emily to exit the car.

I helped Emily out, telling her how far to duck and when to raise her head. When she was finally out, we turned around. Hundreds of eyes stared back.

I blushed bright red and looked at Emily who was pale and flushed at the same time. Gripping her hand tightly in mine, I walked forward with her, trying to forget that these people saw me stumble out of a car and awkwardly stand with one arm still in the car. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

We stood in a line and there was some murmuring as the groom and the groomsmen took their place at the altar. Music began playing and the first bridesmaid was off. Emily was still holding my hand.

She had opted against being given away by her parents and was having me do it instead, like we had planned when we were much younger. Her parents understood and were happy that it was me and not someone they barely knew.

When the last bridesmaid was gone, Emily stepped forward and linked her arm through mine.

"You ready?"I whispered to to her. I could see her nod out of the corner of my eye, her eyes straight ahead and looking at her mate.

"Let's do this." She whispered back. I grinned and looked at her to see her grinning at me.

We started to walk forward, our steps perfectly in synch, I was vaguely aware of Emily murmuring to not fall but I think I was saying the same. She giggled and I smiled.

When we reached the altar, we both stood still for a second, neither of us sure what to do.

"Um, here you go."I said unsurely, giving her hand to her mate. She looked at me incredulously and I shrugged and stepped to the side, my cheeks on fire.

Here you go, really? I could imagine her saying to me later. I bit my lip to stop the smile from forming on my face.

Stella stood behind me , I could feel her standing close to me, if I moved and inch, my back would be leaning on her chest. I didn't like her smell, she smelled like vanilla and honey.