Wine Stained Teeth

Unedited

~ Accidentally emailed a chapter from the Lycans Claim instead of a CV when applying for a job ~

Fuck my life.

This was meant to be up earlier but there was complications. 

It was only after I settled into my room that I realised he never told me his name.

He could have fooled me of him not being Adrians' cousin, the two looked nothing alike which had set me on edge but not all family members looked similar.

He had sent a small parcel to my door containing a note to meet him at a bonfire he was making it when I was ready. I read and reread the letter over and over again but he hadn't specified a time which was nerve wracking. I was worried I would turn up at the wrong time, maybe an hour or two hours late to find him asleep on the ground with two glasses filled with wine.

I was wrong.

He was leaning casually against a log of wood behind him and was staring up at the sky with what could only be described as confusion. I cleared my throat and he rolled his eyes.

"I can sense you, even before you leave your room." He turned to flash me a cocky grin. "I am a Mason after all."

It was my turn to roll my eyes at him. I sat down across from him and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"How come you live all the way out here but your family live all the way out there?" I spotted a bag with vegetarian marshmallows and smiled. It looked as if my mates had already told him a thing or two about me.

It should have annoyed me that they were telling their family members little things about me just in case this kind of thing happened but at the same time they could have just been gushing about their mate.

This didn't seem as likely as the first option.

"My family like to live by only their rules and their beliefs and one day I decided that I couldn't keep it that way. I caught a glance of one of my cousins mates before and she looked so.. dull." He sipped at a beer that I hadn't noticed before and sighed.

"Dull?" I leaned forward, my short hair slipping from it's loose pony tail.

"He had forcefully stolen so much of her for himself that she didn't even know who she was anymore. It was a sad sight to see, they loved each other too blindly." He shook his head at the memory and took a huge swig of beer. His adam apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed.

"Adrian and Xavier aren't like that. Sure, they can be pretty controlling but they don't try to take things about me away from me for themselves to have." I frowned as I thought about it. They didn't, did they?

"Adrian and Xavier are special cases, for other wolves and for our families. They don't like to share, except with each other, that is from the family. Their love for you, however, is different. They don't just see you as an object but also has their mate." He was studying my face now, as if it held all the answers that he needed.

I shifted under his gaze and he looked away.

"I know about you, hell everyone in my family does, just because in case we saw you to keep an eye on you and to call them. One of the cousins voiced his opinion of you to Adrian and it did not end well. At first, I assumed it was because you were his, his property, but then I noticed his expression when he talked of you. It wasn't just filled with possession but love, a tenderness that was never there in the other males."

I was blushing and still confused, his family didn't treat their mates like possessions, I had seen them with their mates.

I frowned, I had seen them together but not for very long. They tended to be in the same place but not together.