French Manicures.

Unedited.

I smoothed down the front of my dress, my hands shaking. I could hear low murmurs from downstairs. Adrians parents. 

I ran my hands nervously through my hair and took a deep breath. I was wearing a flowery dress that stopped above my knees with boots covering my feet. I decided to go for the natural look with my hair in a bun and minimal makeup. 

Adrian and Xavier were already down there and I hoped they left a seat for me because I was not going to sit on any of their laps in front of their family. I knew Adrian had brothers and sisters, that some of them had kids. They were a big family. Powerful.

I am an average werewolf, no special powers and no special relatives that could lead to a breakthrough in my genes and make me special.

I took another deep breath.

You can do this Wendy, they're only werewolves. Your mates family and your family, if you fuck this up, you have most of your life left to try and make up for it.

With that in mind, I opened the door and tried to walk as lightly as possible pausing only for a brief second at the top of the stairs. I walked slowly down them, my eyes flickering between the living room and in front of me. 

The living room door was open, letting me see the people sitting down. My mates were sitting next to each other with Adrians parents and one of his brothers sitting across from them. There was a seat on its own between the two and in a moment of panic I considered going to sit there. 

I entered the living room, offering his family a brief smile before trying to make my way to the seat. Just as I'm about to sit down, Adrian growls and I'm pulled onto his lap. He wraps his arm possessively around my waist while Xavier places a possessive hand on my thigh. I peek up at them and see their eyes narrowed on Adrians brother. 

I rolled my eyes before I could help it and am met with Xavier squeezing my thigh. I jumped and blinked at him before turning my embarrassed gaze on his family.

I cleared my throat. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Wendy." I said politely, stretching my hand towards them. A hand intercepts my arm and pulls it back down to my side. I pursue my lips and look at Adrian.

He keeps his eyes on his brother, a possessive glint in his eyes. I realise that glaring at him will probably only make things worse so I instead lean back on him and place my hand on Xaviers.

They eventually relax under my touch but are still tense and on high alert. 

I resist the urge to roll my eyes again and offer then another smile.

They return my smile but it lacks warmth. His mother's eyes briefly scan me, assessing me and it reminds me if being in the limo all over again. Her eyes move from me and don't come back to me.

I hold back a wince. Ouch.

"When you said you find your mate, I thought she would be completely different." She smiled tensely at her son. "Maybe an alpha?" Her eyes flickered to Xavier who was tense.

"No mother, Wendy is my mate and I intend to keep her." He said in a warning tone.

Keep her.

Like I was a damn dog. Bastard.

Her words bothered me, was Adrian engaged before we met? His last wouldn't bother me, obviously if he slept around before he found me it wasn't a big deal because I couldn't expect him to just wait around for me.

But cheating, cheating is a completely different natter. If he was engaged he should not have kissed me or touched me until he had ended it and was sure he was emotionally okay.