chapter three: hey jude

June 23rd, 2014

I peek at Cas through the science shelf and laugh when he playfully rolls his eyes at me. "What are you doing?" He asks.

I shrug and walk to him, wrapping my arms around his waste. "I dunno."

I kiss his neck softly and he pushes me off. "Stop it. I'm trying to find a book, you nerd." He smiles and pushes his hair out of his face looking up and down the shelves. I follow him as he searches.

These past few weeks have been nothing but bliss. Cas visits the library almost daily. We usually eat lunch together, sometimes we go out.

We have also been on more dates, and we usually end up sleeping at each other's houses.

At first, Cas was slightly reluctant to jump into a relationship again and I gave him some space to think, but he decided he wanted to also.

"I found it." He pulls a rather large astronomy textbook off of the shelf.

My eyes widen. "Who's the nerd now?" I say and he shakes his head, smiling.

"Shutup."

I smile and kiss his cheek, then peck his lips. "I have class in an hour." He mumbles.

I frown. "Do you think we can have dinner after?"

"Yes of course."

"Good." I kiss him again.

I take him to the book checkout where Ms. Moseley sits. "Dean are you even doing your job?" She asks.

I scratch the back of my head. "Uh. Of course."

"Mhm." She looks at me with her eyebrow raised and Cas snorts next to me.

I nudge him. "Shutup." She finishes checking the book out. "I'll walk you to your car." I say.

We walk outside to his small car and I wrap my arms around him. He cuddles into me and I kiss his head. "I'll see you tonight."

He grabs my shirt gently and kisses me. "Tonight."

"Bye." I kiss his forehead.

"Bye." He says quietly and gets in his car.

The next few hours go by slowly. I stack books and work at checkout until the library closes at 5:30. I quickly drive over to Cas's house afterward.

I walk up to his door and knock. He opens it quickly, pulls me into the house, closes the door and kisses me. I kiss him back and sigh happily. He pushes me into the living room and onto the couch. He takes my shirt in his hands and pulls me closer. I lift his shirt slightly and rub his hipbone with my thumb.

He pulls away. "I missed you." He closes his eyes.

I smile and rest my forehead on his. "Cas." I whisper.

"Yeah?" He says eyes still closed.

"I love you." He opens his eyes and lifts his head, looking me full in the face.

I frown. "Are you okay?"

"I haven't heard you say that in a long time."

"Oh. Well I do. Always have, always will." He gets off of me and lies down on my lap.

"I love you too." He takes my hand and plays with my fingers. My heart skips a beat. "I wish I never ended it." He whispers.

"It's okay. I did...stupid things."

He sits up and looks at me. "I don't care about that anymore. I got over it quickly after it happened. I know you didn't mean it." His palm touches my cheek and I close my eyes for a moment.