Good Morning

Kleio sat on the edge of the bed in the guest room. The fire flow and chattered in its hearth. The room was warm and cozy, Celeste had obviously added a woman's touch to the whole place. Kleio felt more relaxed here than in the manor back home.

Kleio didn't know if she would be able to sleep, she was so anxious to wake up and spend the whole day with Anson and her father. She couldn't stop smiling as she thought about the events of the evening. They had all had dinner, talking and laughing. Only Cyris sat quietly, as expected of him. His parents were lovely people and she liked the idea of getting to know them.

Anson was the first to retire. He had been feeling well for the last two days and his father did not want him to fall ill again. Celeste and Mordecai retired next, leaving Cyris and Kleio alone. Cyris went to the library and Eleanor led Kleio to their room. Eleanor helped Kleio into a nightgown. It was royal blue and it tied beneath her bust. It fell to the floor and no part of it was see through or lace.

Now, Kleio sat, holding her comb in her hands, smiling to herself.

The bedroom door opened and Cyris walked in. He paused, looking at her, before he shut the door behind him. He began to remove his jacket and vest, throwing them to the love seat against the window when he finished.

"Thank you, my lord. For all you have done for my brother and father," Kleio said. Her tone was earnest and she hoped he understood how grateful she was.

He nodded, staring at her as he undid the buttons along the wrists of his shirt.

"Your family is very nice. I like them," Kleio said.

Cyris began to unbutton his shirt. Kleio's eyes widened, she sucked in a breath and averted her gaze.

"You did well tonight. My mother likes you."

Kleio smiled slightly,"She is a very sweet lady. Your father is kind too."

His praise was unnerving.

  Kleio heard his footsteps across the floor. She felt the bed dip as he sat opposite her.

"Your brother, Anson, he seems very close to you."

Kleio didn't look up, instead, she toyed with jewels on her comb,"We are very close. I've missed him."

Cyris held his hand out for the comb,"May I see?"

Kleio snapped her head up, her eyes locking with his. His grey irises said nothing. They were devoid of feeling. She slowly handed him the comb, watching him as he studied the jewels. She tried to ignore his shirtless figure.

"It was my mother's," Kleio said.

Cyris said nothing. Kleio studied him. His black hair had grown quite long as Eleanor had said. It fell into his face, his scar hidden beneath it. He was not an extremely large man. He was toned, his muscles clearly exercised but not constantly. His shoulders and chest were broad. His stomach was smooth and flat, his waist narrow.

Kleio blushed and looked away. She had not looked upon a man half naked before. She felt shameful for staring at him so brazenly.

"Come here," He said suddenly.

Kleio's head snapped up and her startled expression did nothing to faze Cyris.

"Come here," he repeated, patting the bed in front of him.

Slowly, Kleio climbed farther onto the bed and sat in front of him. They were close. They had not been this close since they kissed and Kleio felt nervous. His presence was warm. When she looked into his eyes, she saw nothing but guarded thoughts.