Natural

Chapter 8

After Marcus's little visit I got cosy on my couch and flicked through the stations to find something to watch. After two hours of tv, I heard a knock at my door, please be the boys, I'm not in the mood for anymore shit today. I got up and walked towards the door, I took in a deep breath and was relieved to find it was Jake and Liam. I opened the door to have both of them crush me into a hug.

"I'm so glad your okay, we thought something bad had happened" Liam said.

"I'm okay guys. it was nothing I couldnt handle" I said.

"Okay spill, what happened last night?" Jake asked.

The guys followed me into the lounge, I told them about the guardians looking for help with their conditions and finding my beloved. To say they are pissed is an understatement,

"Who the fuck do they think they are, asking you for help and then tossing you aside when you have done their work, I'm glad you said no, dont help them anymore Ariel, let them see that they need you more because you sure as hell dont need them" Liam said with fury in his voice.

"If I see that mate of yours I'm going to fucking kill him, he already marked someone, what the fuck is he playing at and trying to get his beloved to play fuck buddy to his fake beloved, is he soft or what, who does that" Jake said as he started to shake with rage.

"Guys calm down, I'm okay, I never expected anything more from my mate, I knew this would happen, I'm not hurt or longing for him, I feel nothing, I was more relaxed when he left than when he was here" I said.

I don't know why but I didn't tell them about Brax, he is one secret I want to keep.

"Are you sure Ariel, we know what mates mean and the bond that comes with it, you dont have to put on a brave face for us, were your family and were here for you" Liam said.

"I know guys but honestly I'm not putting on a brave face, the only people I have in my heart are you two, their is no room for Marcus and I won't be making any after the way he has carried on both times I have met him, you two see past the black wings and my mate should be the same, unfortunately he isn't and thats speaks volumes about him" I said.

"I wish you could have the mate you deserve, your beautiful, strong and loving to the ones who deserve it Ariel, I hate how people judge you, if you ask me I think the black wings make you more unique and beautiful" Liam said as Jake agreed.

"I have everything I want in the two of you, I dont need a mate to make me happy" I said.

They wrapped their arms around me as I cuddled into my guys as we watched movies. After a few hours they had to leave to run patrols around their terrority. I hugged them goodbye and walked back into my apartment. I smiled to myself happy that I have them in my life. When I got to my lounge I was shocked to find Brax standing there. His eyes met mine as I walked into the room. We stood for a few moments taking in each other, he looked sad and vunerable. Something that shocked me.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

"I am beautiful, what about you, you had alot to deal with" he said.

I am slightly embarrassed at the thought of him knowing what has happened and the offers I got from the guardians and my mate seeking a fuck buddy.

"You heard all that" I asked.

"Yeah, I was just about to show myself when your friends came in. You know you a worth thousands of them, if you beloved can't see that then he doesn't deserve you, he is just as bad as them" he said with a sound of disguist in his voice.

"It doesn't bother me anymore Brax, a few years ago mabey, but not now" I said.

"You still shouldn't be treated like this Ariel, you haven't given them a reason to treat you like your evil when you are so pure and so strong" he said, my heart skipped a beat when he said my real name and not dark angel.

"So you know my real name now?" I asked with a genuine smile, there is something about him that makes me feel like my old self before everything changed.

"Yeah, I heard your friends call you that, is it okay for me to call you by your real name?" he asked

"Yeah, you can since you gave me your name" I said.

I could see the colour change in his eyes again, they looked like they shined a gold colour for a minute.

"So, are you going to tell me why your here?" I asked, I dont care why he is here, his presence just makes me feel safe.

"Same as last time, I couldnt stay away" he said, he didn't smirk like last time, he just looked at me and I swear I could see love shine in his eyes.

"So what were you planning on doing when you got here, I doubt you wanted to have drink and a chat or watch a movie" I said with a teasing smile.

"Exactly that, I want to spend time with you" he said, I watched him for a sign that he is messing with me, but I didn't find anything untrue. I dont no what to do now, this is a first, someone other than my boys wanting to spend time with me even after they know what I am.

"You look shocked, your adorable when you look like that" he said with a cheeky grin that makes him look so hot, the perfect bad boy, I held back a blush, barely, why does he have this effect on me when my own mate didn't.

"Okay let me get this right you want to stay for a chat and DVD, last time you were telling me how you wanted me wrapped around you as I screamed you name" I said.

"Yeah you have it right, not that I wouldn't love that, but right now I just want to spend some time with you" he said.

"Okay, so what do you want to drink? " I asked.

"What do you have?" he asked as he sat down and made himself comfortable.

"water, beer, vodka, wicked and coke" I said.

"A beer would be nice" he said.

"You find something to watch and I will get the drinks" I said, still in shock, what is going on, I take another look at him as he flickes through the movie stations. This is weird. I grab a bottle of wicked and a bottle of beer and took the caps off before I walked back into the lounge.

"Is a horror okay, it will just be like a comedy to us, we have both seen worse" he said.

"True, what one did you pick? " I asked as I put our bottle down as I sat beside him.

"Drag me to hell", he said seriously, I couldnt help but burst out laughing, he smiled at me while I laughed.

"Your laugh is beautiful like you, you should laugh more often" he said.

He opened his arm towards me,

"Are you coming over or do I have to come to you" he said smiling.

I moved over to him as he wrapped his arm around me, things felt natural with him, easy even.

We talked about our favourite music and films, we talked about my family and how I survived after I left, I told him how much Liam and Jake mean to me, he told me bits and pieces about his life, but he didn't speak about his parents, all he said was his father is the highest level demon but he didn't speak about his mother, I think it was too hard. He has so much humanity, its hard to believe he is a demon. It felt like home been wrapped in his arms. We fell into a comfortable silence, as we watched the rest of the film. I didn't even realise I had fallen asleep til I felt myself been lifted up and carried, I was gently placed in my bed, I felt him brush my hair from my face, as he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, he said something but I was too tired to hear what he said.