Time for the truth

Chapter 14

I looked into Brax's eyes, he meant every word he said, I can feel the truth of his words inside me. I knew then that everything I have been feeling for him, is love, pure unadulterated love.

"I love you too" I said as I looked into his eyes as a massive smile graced his face.

"I have something to tell you, Ariel" he said.

My heart thumped, please dont be anything bad, not after I let my walls down.

"Okay" I said nervously.

"The bond your feeling is because you are my other half, my mate" he said.

I looked at him confused, Marcus is my mate, do I have two, does that mean he has another mate.

"I dont understand how but it explains how I feel for you since I first saw you, why didn't I know straight away, does that mean you have two mates?" I asked, scared of his answer for the last question.

"When a demon finds their mate, only the demon knows, its give their other half the choice if they want us, not feel like they have to accept us just because their our mate, so that's why you didn't know, but we feel the connection straight away. We only have one mate when sometimes our mate has a second, like you" he said.

I let out the breath I was holding, he is only mine,

"Is that why I feel the bond stronger now because we mated?" I asked.

"It is and our bond will only get stronger, you will know exactly what Im feeling, you will even be able to tell if I speaking the truth or not, our bond is built on trust" he said smiling.

"Is that why I feel no bond to Marcus?" I asked.

"I dont think so, normally it ends up been a choice between both of us, I can't understand why you dont, but I'm not complaining, I have you" he said.

"The other day I went to the entrance, I watched the fight, but I couldn't stand the idea of killing the demons it didn't feel right, I saw the demons humanity for the first time, no razor sharp teeth or black eyes, is their something your not telling me, they said they weren't the ones to explain why I could see past that, can you explain that" I asked.

He smiled,

"You could see them because your my other half, the face you see is just a mask, Ariel everything you were brought up to believe is all lies, demons aren't evil, a small few were, the same as the fallen angels, but they are long gone. Were not the ones that are evil Ariel, the guardians commander is, the face you see on the demons, is your commander true face, we done this to remind him we know exactly who and what he is. Every time he sees one of us, its his image he sees looking back at him. That's why he wants us all dead" he said.

"I can feel your keeping something major from me Brax, Im fighting on your side, I need to know everything for us to work and for us to fight together" I said, I can feel whatever it is, is painful for him to remember.

"I am but I'm keeping something else from you aswell, I never found the right time to tell you" he said.

I sat up and looked at him

"You need to tell me everything Brax, we belong to each other, we can't keep secrets from each other" I told him.

"I know Ariel, its just hard to talk about, I lost myself to the darkness because of this, I was turning evil til my father brought me back" he said.

My heart clenched for him, I could feel his pain through our bond, whatever it is, its something he is finding hard to accept.

"What happened?" I asked.