sixty five

"Call Ed, someone call Ed," Zayn says quickly as we all stare in shock at our phones.

Harry puts his phone to his ear, chewing on his lip.

"Ed? Where are you?"

He breaths a sigh of relief. "Come here right away," he says before hanging up.

"Is he alright?" I ask.

"He's fine, he got out of Ivory a few minutes ago. He's on his way." Harry sits backs down.

If we were on edge before, we're now ten times more anxious.

Niall and Louis plays a silent game of cards and Zayn lights a cigarette. Liam tosses his phone in the air and catches it in his lap, staring at the ceiling.

"Pass me one," Harry says to Zayn and he hands him a cigarette.

"Rose?" Harry asks me and I shake my head.

"Are you sure, because last time you ended up mooching off mine." Harry smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Fine."

Zayn hands me a cigarette and lights Harry's and mine. I bring the smoke to my lips, inhaling slowly. I feel the nicotine coarse through my bloodstream, calming me down just a bit.

By the time Ed raps in a coded knock on the door, the air is heavy with angst and cigarette smoke. I've busied myself with watching Harry smoke--the way he breaths in slowly, his pink lips surrounding the cigarette and then parting as he breaths out. He catches my eye and smirks.

I quickly put my own smoke to my lips, looking away and flushing.

He puts his hand to my thigh as Liam lets Ed inside the apartment and I lean on his arm, shutting my eyes momentarily.

I wish Wolfe Enterprises didn't have to endanger us, everything would be so much easier.

"You alright?" Louis asks Ed as he sits back down.

"I'm fine, but you might not be," Ed says, shaking his head.

I stiffen. "What do you mean?" I lose the desire to smoke and toss my cigarette butt into the ashtray on the coffee table.

"Alec's pissed at you, beyond pissed. He's planning something on the twentieth, and I'll tell you, it's not only the party."

My heart pounds. My nightmares surface to my brain, along with the silver pistol. Violet's seductive eyes and Aaron's evil smirk swim through my mind.

I can tell Harry's thinking the same thing as his fingers dig into the skin on my thigh.

"We can't go to the party," he says.

"Harry's right, he's obviously got a grand scheme planned," Niall says.

Everyone begins talking then about not going and breaking into Ivory or something, but my vision blurs slightly and I shake my head.

"No," I say and all eyes turn to me. I clear my throat. "We need to go to the party."

Harry stares at me. "Are you insane? That's just what he wants, Rose, he---"

"Think about it," I say, rising from the couch. "We could turn this around, we've already got Crystal on our side. Alec is obviously going to be there, and if he's away from Ivory then he's distracted."

Harry continues to stare at me like I'm psycho, but Zayn nods his head slowly.

"I think you're right," he says to me. "Some of us could go to the party, and the rest could go to Ivory and break in, maybe with the authorities."