seventy seven

I stare at the photobooth wall, trying to sort out my thoughts.

We haven't spoken for a few moments, it's just been silent. He's right, though. Harry and I are just going to get used to the fact that we will never get the five months we were apart back, no matter we say or do.

My thigh touches Harry's, my hands folded in lap. Harry rests his elbows on his knees, chewing on his lip.

I feel like this entire day has been surreal, like any moment I'll wake up drenched in sweat, the spot next to me in bed empty. But it's no dream, it's reality. As unbelievable as it is, this is no dream.

"So..." Harry breaks the silence, looking over at me with the traces of a smile on his face. "Since we're in a photobooth, want to take any pictures?"

For some reason, I found his question the funniest thing I've ever heard, and burst out laughing. He laughs with me, his eyes squinting up and his dimples showing. God, how I've missed his laugh.

"Are you insane?" I finally ask him. "I've been crying, of course not. I probably look like a sad clown."

"Psh, don't tell me you're going to skip the opportunity to get some photos in a small compact space where the breathing air is limited with the guy you previously thought was dead."

I shake my head, still laughing. "I bet my makeup's all over the place."

Harry tilts his head to the side. He reaches up and wipes just under my eye, his face mere inches from mine. "There," he says. "Beautiful."

I blush and look away, still smiling.

"Now you have no excuse. Plus, it's a high-def camera." Harry grins mischievously.

"How the hell do you know what type of camera it is?"

"Just humor me and pretend like I do, Rosalie." Harry leans forward to press a button on the screen, and I laugh.

"Hmm," Harry muses as he taps through the settings on the screen. "What effect do we want? Color? Black and white? Sepia?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, yes it does. Never mind, I guess we'll just take pictures with each effect to balance it out."

I groan humorously and Harry smirks at me, still going through the settings.

"Oooh, how about Western themed?" Harry points to the screen.

"Or underwater?" I propose, nodding to the theme next to Western.

"Western eats underwater for breakfast."

"Hey, now. Underwater's pretty cool."

"Yeah, if you're a fish."

I nudge Harry's knee with mine, laughing. "Just pick one, you idiot!"

Harry laughs and finally chooses one, and I lean forward to see what it is.

"Color?" I ask. "After all of that, you choose regular color?"

"Come on, I haven't annoyed you in months. Now, it's counting down."

"Wait, where's the camera?"

"Straight ahead, ding dong."

Harry and I take a tons of pictures.

I'm pretty sure we make just about every facial expression known to man, in just about every theme the photobooth has. In half of them, I'm just laughing at whatever face Harry makes, and in some, we're just laughing t each other.

In the time we spend in the photobooth, I've come to see that humor and teasing each other is how Harry and I deal with things. Now, at least. Things are so different between us at this time, but as I look over at Harry, who is crossing his eyes for the camera, I feel almost like I did in the time before the party. Happy.