Chapter 15

"Right, mate, this looks like an act of gang crime, so just watch your back, okay?" After the first RTC that Jacob had gone out to, he hadn't had much opportunity to leave the ED, and so he was happy that Iain had allowed him to assist with this one. They didn't really need a nurse with them, but Iain had said that the caller had seemed like he was going to be hard work, and he had hoped that Jacob's strong feelings on gang violence would mean that he could calm the patient down. They arrived soon later, down an alleyway, and found a teenage lad, who had been beaten up quite badly.

"Mate, can you tell me your name?" Jacob asked as he crouched by the teenager, who shook his head.

"They'll hear me," he managed to whisper through the bruises and cuts across his face. He looked to have broken his jaw, and had a nasty laceration across his forehead, where it seemed a sharp shard of metal had been dragged.

"Who'll hear you?" Just as Jacob asked, he saw a shadow in front of him from a figure that was evidently looming over him, and he sprung up immediately to collide with a masked man, with the shard of metal in his hand that had probably caused the boy's injuries. The masked man managed to stab Jacob twice: once in his abdomen, and the other sliced across the back of his thigh, but Jacob was soon able to get the weapon from the masked man and trap his hands around his back. Jacob held the weapon to the other man's neck, holding his arms behind his back firmly.

"Jacob!" He heard Iain shout from the ambulance, and turned around to face him. Realising what he was doing, Jacob let go of the other man, who sprinted down the alleyway away from the scene. Jacob had the shard of metal, and Iain passed him a bag to put it in, so that the doctors at the ED would know what caused the injuries. Jacob continued to treat his patient as best he could, though he had been stabbed, and soon they were able to get him into the back of the ambulance. Unfortunately, the patient wasn't one to collaborate, and refused to say his name, or age, and didn't even allow them to give him any drugs to help with the pain. He was being difficult, refusing to talk and refusing treatment, but it was Jacob and Iain's responsibility to help him.

Soon, Iain and Jacob burst through the ED doors, with their patient tossing on the bed refusing to be seen to. Connie saw them come in but Lily and Ethan were already at the scene to treat the teenager, and so she just watched on.

"Right, so we have a young man here - found on the street, he's been badly beaten and stabbed multiple times with this," Iain said as he held up the bag containing the metal.
"Sats of 92, he's tachycardic, and is currently refusing treatment so has been given nothing on the journey." Lily took the patient and introduced herself whilst Ethan asked Iain for a name.

"Refuses to give name or age," Jacob said, shrugging, and that was when Ethan noticed his stab wound. He called Connie over to see to Jacob, and Connie took him away into a cubicle to treat him, in disbelief.

"How did this happen?" She asked, and Jacob proceeded to explain the story as he began to strip off. It made sense to remove all his clothing as one wound was by his abdomen and the other was on the back of his thigh, and Connie treated the one on his front first, cleansing it. After finishing up with the first one having sutured it neatly, she instructed him to roll over so she could treat the one on his thigh. This one was deeper than the other, but shorter, and it didn't take her long to patch them up. She sat on the bed as he began to get changed, but seeing her sat there was too irresistible. He sat opposite her, pushing her down onto the bed, and reached beneath her skirt to pull her knickers down her legs. He went to grasp them several times before he realised that she wasn't wearing any, and she just giggled as she saw his shocked expression.
"Jacob, we can't do it here," she giggled, trying to sit up, but he refused to let her get away that easily. He gently pushed her legs up and rolled her skirt down to around her waist, and he just stroked his fingers along her smooth legs calmly. He kissed up her legs, before slipping two fingers inside her, and she let out a deep, satisfied moan. He urged her to be quiet, and her hands gripped the sides of the bed as his fingers pleasured her, but soon he pulled out, and began to unbutton his trousers.