Chapter 20

Just one more chapter left to go after this one! I wanted to ask you all if you'd be able to take a look at my first YouTube video too; it's a small Jonnie edit😄 I'll paste the link ( https://youtu.be/7f-8V4ymCiI ) just in case you do! It's called 'Bleeding Love - Jacob and Connie' ❤️

Chris was released from hospital two days later, and his injuries had really cleared up across his face. The beating he had taken to his ribs was still causing him pain, but he was given a wheelchair in order to move around a little easier. There were still so many questions that Chris had for his parents, and so many more that they had for him, and so Connie and Jacob had both taken the day off work, so that they could spend it with Chris (and Grace too, as she was due to finish school in a few hours). Charlie was alone in the room with Chris, discharging him, and he was just getting himself settled in the chair.

"So, I'll give you this - you'll need to pick them up from the pharmacy," Charlie informed him, handing Chris a prescription for his painkillers. "I'll just take you over how to use the wheelchair, and then you can be off home, eh?"

"Home," Chris repeated, chuckling. "Haven't quite got one of them, mate."

"I beg to differ," said a voice from the back of the room, and everyone turned to see Connie and Jacob stood by the door, in their everyday attire as opposed to their uniforms.
"You see, there's been this spare room at my place, and Jacob's been begging me to let him convert it into a man cave for so long now. You'd really be doing me a favour if you moved in there." Chris didn't quite know where to look: Charlie's confused face as to why Connie was offering a patient a room at her house; his mother's pleading expression that she was trying so desperately to hide; or his father stood nonchalantly at the door with a cocky smile, as he too was desperately waiting for a response.

"I don't know what to say," Chris began, and Connie's eyes lit up with excitement. "I'd love to stay with you!" Connie rushed in and hugged Chris, and Jacob just chuckled at the expression on the young boy's face. Seemingly forgetting that Charlie was still present, Connie continued to talk to Chris.

"Right, just before you do, I need you to agree to some ground rules, okay?" Chris sighed, and Connie just laughed. "I'm your mother; I haven't done this for nineteen years - I need to start somewhere!" It was at that point that the room fell silent, and Connie realised that Charlie was still in the room.

"You kept this one a secret," Charlie chuckled in pure disbelief, and Jacob scoffed.

"Tell me about it," he added, earning himself a death glare from Connie. She promised that she'd explain the situation to Charlie, but right now all she wanted to do was take her son home. Charlie understood, and so the three of them - Jacob, Connie, and Chris - made their way out of the hospital, and into Connie's gorgeous car.

"So I want you back home for ten o'clock each night," Connie said, causing the two lads to burst out laughing as she was really stressing about having her adult son in her house.
"When you fully recover we can discuss this, but whilst you're still recovering, ten is plenty late enough. Remember, I have a teenage daughter, so I don't want to find any girls in your bedroom, any traces of girls in your bedroom, and no alcohol up there either. Jacob always has beer in the fridge and if you'd like to drink, you do it sensibly, and only have the stuff that we stock."

"Yes mum," Chris whined playfully, teasing her, and she just smiled. She was a little anxious for him to meet Grace; the situation had been explained to her but Connie just had to hope that the two of them would get along.

When Chris walked in, he was astounded. The house was absolutely gorgeous - spotless, so modern, and posher than anything he'd ever seen in his life. There were photos in frames that littered the halls, and he smiled as he saw his little sister for the first time. He began to get a little emotional, as Anya had always offered him everything she could, but it was always a very ordinary life. Here, he was going to be living such a lavish lifestyle that boys like him could only usually dream of. Connie and Jacob just watched on as Chris took in all of his surroundings, and moved into each room slowly to have a look.