Chapter 21

The next day, I wake myself up early. More fights. Two days down. Three days left.

I'm sprinting towards the training room, my feet slamming against the concrete floors of Dauntless facility. I finally arrive at the training room, punching the punching bags like my life is going to end. I have to be a better initiate. One punch, two punches, three punches. I punch until my head starts pounding, and even more than that. I'm starting to get a little lightheaded, with my head spinning in all directions. Punching, punching, punching until I punch myself, my body dropping onto the ground.

I instantly jump to my feet, then I

Then, I start lifting weights. I cannot lift more than twenty pounds. Oh heck I'm going to fail. I pick up a thirty pound weight. I can't even lift it off the ground. I try, I try, and I try, and I'm finally able to lift it past my ankle. I'm only able to get to my knee.

Catherine, you cannot get a hunchback. Like... Ever.

I lift a seventy pound weight. I get to about my shoulders, and then I'm on the floor. I instantly jump to my feet and start doing jumping jacks in the training room.

"Hey Anorexic?" Sage asks.

"Hey, Smartass," I reply.

Sage scowls at me. I laugh. Sage throws me a jug of coffee.

"From Abel," Sage says, "He might be bringing more."

"Oh god," I whisper in shock.

"I know, Abel's mentally sick." Sage mutters.

I start punching the bag right after I drink a sip of my coffee. Sage laughs at me.

"You're going to poop yourself out," Sage says.

"I know. I need to pass training."

"You will, Kat, just trust me."

"Why would I trust you?"

"I'm your friend."

"I've stopped trusting people completely, Sage, we're in Dauntless."

"Good point. That's how most Erudites live as well," Sage says.

"Yea, that's what's funny."

"WHY?!" Sage yells just as Four walks into the room.

Sage and my mouths shut and don't open in front of Four.

"What happened, did Eric just kill you?" Four teases.

Sage moves to open his mouth, but then Four gives him a glare, making Sage just punch punching bags beside me over and over again.

Four exits the room, with Uriah entering. Uriah carries a bag of coffee bottles.

"More coming from Abel!" Uriah yells.

Sage and I both roll on the floor from constant laughter.

"Is that even funny?" Uriah asks.

Then we immediately jump to our feet and punch the punching bags until our hands bleed with the rest of the initiates running into the room.

Oh, boy. I do not want to fight today. My tattoo hurts. Really bad.

A/N- sorry for not updating sooner! This is also such a short chapter! I'm sorry! I'm trying to update once a week now.