Chapter 44

"Let's get tattoos," Rainbow says.

The rest of us are shocked by her spontaneous approach to this incredibly random situation.

"What of?" I ask.

"I'd like a tattoo of the alphabet," Rainbow says.

I start laughing uncontrollably. "THE ALPHABET?! You crazy?"

"Legally, yes," Rainbow teases, playfully pushing me as I stop laughing.

"Oh!" Jo exclaims, clapping, while the rest of our eyes land on her with bewilderment.

"Jo...? Are you alright?" I ask calmly.

"Yes," she replies confidently.

"I mean mentally," I retort, causing a laugh from both Rainbow and Kristen.

"Rainbow and Tom stopped snogging!" Jo exclaims, with all of us clapping in response.

"He left a hickey!" Rainbow says proudly.

I glare at her. "Nobody but you would ever be proud of receiving a hickey or getting a tattoo of the alphabet."

"Preach," Jo says, "Why would you want a tattoo of the alphabet?"

"The world may never know," Kristen says.

"Let's go shopping!" Jo declares with excitement.

"At least that's better than the alphabet," I say candidly, receiving a push from Rainbow in response.

"Nah, woman, I'm getting a tattoo of the alphabet. And you better come and watch," she says directly, pointing her index finger towards me.

I nod. "Sure, but I'll make fun of you until the day you die," I say.

"What if you die before me?" Rainbow asks, challenging me.

"I'll make fun of you from the spirits," I reply.

Rainbow rolls her eyes. Before I knew it, she was sprinting towards the tattoo parlor. "Race me?" she asks while panting.

"It's on!" I exclaim, sprinting after her. Soon enough, I pass her. I continue to run in front of Rainbow until we arrive at the door of the tattoo parlor.

She runs in front of me on the way inside, while I hold the door. "I win," she says proudly.

"No you didn't!" I protest.

"I entered the building before you!" Rainbow yells, playfully sticking her tongue out.

I roll my eyes while laughing. Of course. I run into Nathan and Matt, who have been waiting there for a while.

"Kat!" Nathan exclaims.

I walk towards him. "Hey. What's up?"

"What are you getting?" Nathan asks me.

"Nothing, just watching Rainbow get a tattoo of the alphabet," I reply honestly.

"The alphabet?" Nathan and Matt ask and the same time, Matt's eyebrows raised while Nathan laughs uncontrollably. I nod in response.

"Oh my," Matt says, "I never imagined anything this crazy from her."

"Didn't you grow up with her?" I ask.

"Yes," Matt replies.

"Rainbow once got a tattoo of a smiley face on her butt," Nathan says.

"You serious?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, then laughing.

Nathan and Matt both nod. "It was a dare from my brother, but I didn't actually think Rainbow would do it," Nathan says.

"You have a crazy brother," I say, with Matt and Nathan nodding in agreement.

"Nathan's brothers are crazy," Rainbow says, "It's weird he's not f****d up like they are."

"I've always found it weird myself," Matt says, "If I ever had to live at Nathan's house, I would legit die."

"Die from suicide?" I ask.

"Nah, they load up on Dauntless cake," Matt says, "It's all they eat. Poor Nathan, he's not a fan of the Dauntless cake they make."

"Is that all you were served?" I ask Nathan.

He nods. "They were like, 'Nathan, eat a balanced diet,' and then they show up with Dauntless cake!"

Nathan placed his face in his palms. "I don't understand life."

"Rainbow," Tori says, "What tattoo now?"

"The alphabet," she says.

Tori starts laughing. "Is this a dare?"

"Nope!" Rainbow yells.

Tori looks at her strangely before taking her to a corner where the tattoo will be created.

"So, what are you doing here?" I ask Nathan and Matt.

"Waiting for Abel's tattoo to be complete," Nathan says.

"What of?" I ask.

"Coffee," Matt says.

I start laughing uncontrollably to the point of tears. "At least it's not as bad as the alphabet."

"That is bad," Kristen affirms.

"Really disastrous choice," Nathan says laughing, "It'll be funny to see her regret it tomorrow."

We all start laughing.

******

Rainbow walks out of the tattoo parlor, followed by Abel, Matt, Nathan, Kristen, Jo, and I. Jo got a tattoo of a donut. At least that's not as bad as Rainbow's huge tattoo of the alphabet. Abel's tattoo of coffee was a silly choice, but it looks like it's artfully crafted; Rainbow's looks like a kindergartner wrote the alphabet.

I see Tobias and Uriah at the chasm.

Rainbow runs down the staircase, saying, "A-B-C-D-E-F-G! H-I-J-K-L-M-O-P!"

"WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY?!" Tobias yells, obviously annoyed, while Uriah starts laughing.

"Q-R-S! T-U-V!" Uriah continues.

"URIAH, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE HERE!" Tobias yells, pulling Uriah back towards him.

"W-X-Y AND Z!" Rainbow yells, flailing her arms crazily.

"What the h**l?" Jo asks.

"I agree with Jo, Kat, Nathan, Matt, Abel, and Kristen," Tobias says, pointing to us above the chasm.

"I got a tattoo of the alphabet!" Rainbow yells with excitement.

"You're going to regret it tomorrow," Tobias says candidly.

The rest of us nod in agreement. What the f**k is Rainbow thinking?!