TWO

"I like your room." Malia complimented Fallon as she sat her purse down on the end table. She couldn't believe how Fallon's room looked. It looked as if it was copied and pasted right out of a magazine.

Not only was it big and roomy, but it was decorated so pretty. Everything was yellow and white. Her king-sized bed was on a deck, which means that she would have to step down to get on the lower part of her floor. The bed had a sequin comforter with the matching pillows.

Fallon had a computer desk with a Mac computer to go with it. She begged her parents for it, and she told them that she needed it for school. They even bought her a printer to go with it; A flat screen TV was also hanging on the wall with surrounding sounds.

Her carpet was yellow, and her walls were yellow and white. Every damn thing was matching entirely too much. The curtains, the rugs, the pillows, etc.

"Thanks, I got it remodeled like two months ago... It was actually pink." Fallon told her as she grabbed the piece of paper from her desk.

Malia didn't want to make talk with Fallon, and she didn't want her thinking that they were cool when they weren't. "So, what are we doing?"

"This." Fallon replied. "I thought we could do a Rainbow reaction tube."

Malia turned up her nose but decided to go along with it anyway. She really didn't feel like going out of the way with the project.

"Alright, we need to go ahead and finish it up then because I got somewhere to be." She told her. Malia wanted to catch up with Simone and her other friends, they were hanging out the skating ring later tonight.

Fallon carefully place everything out and she made sure that they put on some safety googles and gloves so the chemicals wouldn't harm them.

In the middle of the project, Fallon's little brother, Khalil, walked inside with his iPad in his hand. Khalil was handsome, way too handsome. He and Fallon shared the same brown skin color while baby Sophie and Karter shared caramel complexions, they were lighter.

Khalil look over at Malia; he had a thing for older girls. When he noticed the dark skinned, long haired Indian girl he couldn't help but stare.

"Can I help you with something?" Fallon asked her brother. Khalil gave her a look and sucked his teeth.

"Who is she?" He asked, pointing at Malia.

Malia looked up, "I'm Malia."

Khalil nodded his head up and down while biting his bottom lip, "Man, you so fine."

Fallon gasped, "I'm sorry about that...Khalil get out before I go tell daddy on you!" Fallon raised her voice.

Malia laughed, "Girl it's okay, he's alright."

"You make me sick, with them bites you call titties." Khalil said, picking on his big sister. He always picked on her for not having big breasts.

"Get out now!" Fallon yelled as she pointed at her door; Not really caring what her brother was saying. She didn't care about having small breasts.

Khalil stuck his tongue out and looked at Malia, "Call me baby." He told her while holding his hand like a phone. Keith heard everything since he was coming from his room, he slapped Khalil upside his head and shut the door.

"Leave them girls alone and go clean up that damn room!" Fallon heard her father say through the door.

"Girl I like your brother, he's so cute." Malia told Fallon as she worked on the project.

"He aight." Fallon replied with an eyeroll. "He just gets on my nerves."

"I wish I had brothers, I have three little sisters and they drive me crazy, they be wanting to go with me every time I leave out." Malia told Fallon.