TWENTY-FOUR

Amir stood in the doorway, basically preventing Fallon from coming in. She was standing there with her purse in tow. She had a slight frown on her face from what had happened earlier.

"Where you been?" Amir questioned her. "You've been ignoring my calls and texts."

"I was out..."

Amir examined her for a couple of seconds, but he eventually moved and allowed her to walk inside the apartment. He couldn't help but to lower his eyes and watch her ass. They looked good in the jeans she was wearing.

"Out where? How did you even leave?"

"Uber and I was over at my friend's house." Fallon replied casually as she took a seat on the couch.

"Uber?" He reiterated with a slight frown. "And who is your friend?"

"Oh my God..." She trailed off while shaking her head. Fallon did not like the badgering questions at all.

"I just want to make sure you good. You just up and left without letting me know."

"I'm sorry, I was at Jeneice's house, you don't know her." Fallon remarked while checking her phone for messages. She assumed that Amir didn't know who Jeneice was.
Unfortunately, he did know that she was East's sister. He had met her before while out running with East.

Amir narrowed his eyes into slits as he studied Fallon who looked carefree. She was sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone.

"Aye, that's East sister, right?"

Fallon looked up with her eyes bugged. Her thick, brown lips were gaped as she tried to come up with an answer.

"Don't even lie about it, I met ole girl' before."

"Yes, she's my friend."

Amir didn't know what the fuck Fallon was on. He didn't want her around East or his people. That shit had to end now if she wanted to be with him.

"When you cut that nigga off, you're supposed to cut his family off too." He addressed calmly.

"But Jeneice is my friend." Fallon commented.

"I don't care about that." Amir countered as he gave her an angered expression. "I told you earlier that I prefer you not to fuck with him and when I said that, I meant his people as well."

Dramatic nigga. Fallon said to herself.

"You don't listen, that's your problem." Amir chastised her.

"I do listen."

"And you don't pay attention to what you be doing." He argued.

Fallon just watched him carefully.

"You left this apartment knowing you don't have a spare." Amir continued. "How was you going to get back in?"

She just sat on couch looking nonchalant while shrugging her shoulders.

"See, that's why I said you don't think or pay attention. Get your shit together, man."