EPILOGUE

[1 year later]

Fallon stood there, hair blowing in the wind. She looked around and noticed how quiet everything was. She could only hear the sounds of the trees and the leaves rustling amongst the ground. The warm breeze and sounds of the birds chirping happily brought some kind of peace to her.

She held a bouquet of red roses in her hands. Fallon squatted down to get a closer look at the headstone she was trying to examine. She furrowed her eyebrows and took a deep breath.

His name was engraved in bold, gold letters.

Amir Christian Lennox

Fallon sighed again while setting the flowers in the metal vase. She placed both of her hands in her lap and bit her bottom lip.

"Oh, my God. I miss you so much." She admitted while wrinkling her face, feeling the water works coming. Still, she hadn't gotten over Amir and his death was still unbelievable to her. Everything just happened so fast, which made it hard for her.

"I'm sorry I haven't been coming to see you, but it's hard to do that. I live in Georgia now and...I have to work and...take care of my bills."

She didn't say anything for awhile. Fallon was busy trying to figure out everything. She placed her hand on his headstone and wiped off the imaginary dirt.

"Everything's not the same without you, anymore." Fallon continued to be while looking up at the sky, hot tears cascaded down her brown cheeks. Quickly, she wiped them away and sniffled. "But I'm gonna be strong."

After Amir's sudden death, Fallon went into a nasty funk. She didn't want to do anything and that included finishing school. Lucky for her, Angel was there for her. She became Fallon's motivational speaker. She helped her friend get better and Fallon was thankful for that.

Eventually, she revealed her pregnancy to everyone and surprisingly, she wasn't snubbed by her family this time. When she went to Amir's funeral, his grandma correctively predicted that she was pregnant and that gave Fallon the courage to tell Amir's family about her pregnancy. Raven didn't like it, but there was nothing she could do about it. She tried keeping Mia away from Fallon and her unborn child.

Instead of staying in Texas, Fallon decided to move to Georgia with Angel. They copped a nice apartment that was nearby the school and paid an affordable price for it. While pregnant, Fallon managed to keep a job as a call center representative while majoring in Education.

When she became heavily pregnant, she was able to work from home. On her off days, she did hair. Both Fallon and Angel managed to spread the word on campus and some of the girls would come to their apartment just to get their hair done.

Still, she managed to go to school and lucked up on some attention. The men on campus did hear about Fallon's baby daddy and they didn't seem to mind the pregnant belly. However, she wasn't trying to do any serious dating. The relationships didn't even get past the 'exchanging phone numbers' stage. Her mind was really focused on her baby, education, and career.

Months later, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy who she named Christian Kasim Lennox. He was her pride and joy-her rainbow baby. She was proud of him because she knew that God gave her a second chance to actually do the right thing. Also, whenever she looked at Christian, she could see Amir. His eyes-those eyes reminded her of Amir.

"I've been strong for several months now." She nervously spoke with shakiness in her voice. She placed her head down and took a deep breath. "I just miss you so much and I hate that you're not here to witness everything I've accomplished. Amir, I'm actually doing good-like I got my shit together." She looked at the headstone and smiled.