TWENTY-TWO

Fallon looked over her room attentively. Everything was the same as she had left it. Her room was covered and decorated in yellow. Yellow curtains. Yellow wallpaper. Yellow flooring. Yellow miscellaneous decorations. Yellow every fucking where.

She was more than ready to leave that yellow shit behind. She had outgrown it and wanted something different. However, she knew that it would be a waste of time since she was supposed to be moving to Georgia. As expected, she was now having doubts on leaving. Something was trying to keep her in Houston.

Her phone vibrated on her desk, so she walked over and retrieved it. Her slight frown turned into a slight smirk.

I fucking miss you. Amir.

Fallon just stood there reading the text over and over again. She didn't know what was up with Amir, but he was acting different with her. He wasn't so closed anymore. In fact, he was showing her more attention and emotion than he usually did.

Fallon took a minute to reply back, so Amir decided to send her another message.

I just want to treat you right. That's what you deserve. Amir.

I miss you too. I can't wait to see you again. Fallon.

I don't understand why you're spending the weekend in Georgia. You should just come over to my place and chill with me. Amir.

Fallon sighed while reading his last message. Amir was the reason why she was having doubts on moving. They were back on good terms and she didn't want to leave him behind. After he admitted to loving her and the way he was expressing himself-it really pushed her back a few steps.

Amir didn't know that she was going to Georgia to handle some business with Angel. She just told him that they were having a girls trip and wouldn't be back until Monday. She was going to let him know that she would be moving to Georgia soon, but not right now.

I can stay with you when I come back home. Let me enjoy my little trip. Fallon.

Yeah but don't get crazy out there. Amir.

Fallon sucked her teeth while locking her phone. She grabbed her luggage and tossed it on her king-sized bed. It was in need of being made up. Fallon's blankets were all tangled up with the sheets.

Her door opened and she frowned because she hated when people walked in her room without knocking. Erin lumbered inside and watched as her daughter folded and tossed her clothes inside her luggage.

"Y'all heading out tomorrow morning?" Erin asked her daughter.

"Yes." Fallon replied simply. "I'm just packing everything now so I won't be in a rush. I'll probably forget something if I do that."

Erin didn't say anything back. She just looked around the room with a nonchalant expression on her gorgeous face. Fallon glanced at her and realized how pretty her mom looked. She wasn't dressed up at all, but that didn't take away from her beauty.

Erin had her hair in some knotless box-braids. They were small and very neat-thanks to her own hair braider. She wore a white tank with some shorts that showed off her thick, shapely legs.

"I guess you'll be leaving soon." Erin announced while sighing. She placed her hand on her belly and said, "You won't get to know this baby."

"I'll be back and forth, probably." Fallon responded back as she held her clean bra in her hands. "And you're putting me in Georgia already. I'm not even sure I want to move yet."