Mute | Sebastian Stan

Mute: Sebastian Stan

Sebastian walked into the small office building with a smile. Going up the elevator, he was curious as to who his stunt double was. He heard he was going to be particularly surprised when he met him, so he kept an open mind.

Although he had protested against having a stunt double, he reluctantly agreed, so he wouldn't have to be the one to do all the flips in certain fight sequences.

As he stepped out of the elevator, and down the hallway, he couldn't help but wonder how baffled he was going to be.

The double doors opened, and he was met with the sight of the Civil War cast gathered around a large (huge, actually) conference table. Certain actors like Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans were talking to their new stunt doubles, getting to know them better.

Joe Russo walked up to him, with you following closely behind.

"Sebastian! You would like to meet your stunt double, yes?"

"Yeah, I can't wait to meet him."

Joe chuckled. "Her, actually."

He stepped to the side, and urged you forward. "This is (Y/N), your stunt double."

He looked at you. "A... Girl?"

Joe nodded. "Yes, a girl. She's the best we could find."

"O-okay..."

"Well, I'll leave you guys to it. Get to know each other. See you later." Then, he walked off, leaving you there in front of Sebastian.

There was an awkward silence for a moment.

"Uh... Hi. I'm Sebastian."

You stared at him with a blank face.

"So... (Y/N), right? That's a nice name."

You blinked once.

Sebastian sucked in a breath through his teeth. "Nice to meet you," he said, holding out his hand.

You didn't move, your gaze flickering from his face to his outstretched hand.

He retracted his palm, sighing. "Well then, (Y/N). I'm going to talk to my friends. I'll see you around."

Once he left, you walked into the elevator doors, and down to the bottom level, exiting the building without saying a word.

/

"Cut! (Y/N)! Get in there!"

You nodded, fixing the mouth mask over your face, and pulling your hair out of it's ponytail. You had dyed it a chestnut brown, and cut it just over your shoulders. It was a little longer than Sebastian's, but it worked just fine.

As you switched places with Sebastian, you prepared your stance, standing across from Chadwick, who was in his Black Panther costume.

You heard the familiar snap of the clapboard, and Black Panther swiped his claws out towards you. You back-handspring out of the way, and come back into a fighting stance, staying low to the ground, just like a panther, carefully copying his fight pattern, like a skilled assassin would do.

Chadwick slinks towards you, and you tackle him to the ground, pulling a knife out of your boot, and aiming it towards his neck.

The armor "deflects" it (you just dropped the fake knife), and he kicks you off, as you fall to the ground.

"Cut!"

You get up off the ground, pulling your mask down, and swiping any dirt off your clothes.

Sebastian walked up to you. "Great work, (Y/N). I can see why they chose you. The flips make it better than it could have been without them."

You tilted your head in confusion, and his smile dropped to an annoyed frown.

"You know, it's customary to thank someone after they give you a compliment."

You straightened up, your featured hardening, and small tears forming at the edges of your eyes.

"Sebastian!" Anthony Russo called. "Your turn!"

Sebastian sighed in frustration. "See you later, (Y/N)."

/

Elizabeth was sitting next to you as you were both enjoying your lunch break in the same small office building where you first met.

You were both laughing about a joke Lizzie had just told you, and you had set down your sandwich to grasp your stomach, which hurt from your spastic laughter.

Lizzie wiped at her eyes. "I'm gonna go and fix my makeup before the lunch break ends. I'll be back in five."

You smiled and nodded as she left, returning to your barely-eaten sandwich.

"So this is how it is, huh?"

Your eyes widened, and you turned to see Sebastian leaning against the doorway, arms crossed against his chest. He was obviously pissed with you right now, and you were absolutely terrified by it.

You stood up in a frenzy, almost knocking the chair and yourself over in the process, and brushing any crumbs off your pants and shirt.

He stepped closer to you. "You seem to be so friendly with Elizabeth, yet you completely ignore me. Why is that? Do you hate me, (Y/N)? Do you completely loathe me to the point where you can't even speak to me? I have no idea what I have done wrong to you, but I know for a fact that it's not just me with a problem here."

By now, he was standing directly in front of you. His voice had raised to a yell, and a finger was pointed at your chest.

He shook his head. "You are entirely prejudiced if you think that I am a horrible person, or if I am somehow harming you."

Your lip quivered, and a tear spilled over onto your cheek. You quickly ran out of the room, leaving your purse and lunch on the conference table, the only sound being your hurried footsteps.

"(Y/N)?" Elizabeth asked, walking into the room.

Her eyes widened. "Sebastian?"

"Do you have any idea why (Y/N) hates me?"

"Hates you? She doesn't hate you! She's a huge fan of you! She adores you."

Sebastian scoffed. "Then why does she refuse to touch me or talk to me?"

Elizabeth let out a tired chuckle. "She's selective mute, and has social anxiety, Seb. She only speaks to those she trusts, and hates physical contact. That's why she's so good at combat. She learned to fight off anyone that comes near her. Hell, I'm her best friend and she's afraid to even give me a handshake!"

Sebastian's eyes widened, as he spun around, running out the door. "I have to go apologize, then!"