"I Knew Her" | Bucky Barnes

You were part of HYDRA. Another Assassin, just like the Winter Soldier. If the Winter Soldier was compromised, you were HYDRA's backup plan. Sure, you didn't have any metal limbs, but you had enhanced senses, enhanced speed, and strength. Maybe you weren't as fast as Pietro, or as strong as the Hulk, but you could easily hold your own.

So, one day, you were awoken from your frozen state, and were given orders to assassinate the Winter Soldier. You nodded, and slipped into your black leather Jumpsuit, which was equipped with many secret pockets, and weapons.

Grabbing your mask and goggles, you tied your hair up into a low ponytail, and slipped on your black high heeled boots that HYDRA made you wear for every mission. You didn't mind. You were used to it.

Your boss walked up to you. "Agent (L/N). I expect you to finish the job. Don't fail me like the Winter Soldier did."

"Who's (L/N)?" You asked, turning around, and pulling on black fingerless gloves.

Your boss nodded. "Never mind, Agent Summer. Your code name for this mission is now 'Winter Soldier', Agent. HYDRA is counting on you."

And so you left, spying on Bucky Barnes. It was pretty hard, however, as he seemed to spend most of his time holed up in the Avenger's tower, or with a large group of friends.

One day, he was alone with only Steve Rogers, and Sam Wilson. Steve, you were told, was a super soldier, like you and Bucky, and was Captain America, famous for holding a Vibranium shield. The other, Sam, was Falcon, a flying soldier who was considered not a threat, as he didn't seem to have his wings with him.

They were walking down the sidewalk, joking between themselves. You stepped out of the black van onto the road, a trench coat concealing your jumpsuit and equipment, and your heels clicking against the black pavement.

"Distract the others." You harshly ordered your team, who nodded, and filed out, guns in hand, immediately causing chaos and fear amongst the pedestrians. You took a grenade launcher out of the car, and shot it at an incoming truck, which exploded, and tumbled over you. It landed in the middle of the two lanes, also blocking the sidewalk.

The trio turned around in shock, to see you standing in the middle of the road. By now, you had discarded your trench coat, and currently had on your black jumpsuit, a bright red HYDRA logo on the fabric covering your right collarbone.

Bucky's posture stiffened when he saw you, and immediately ran forward. Steve and Sam were separated, as one went to call for backup, and the other went to protect the civilians.

Bucky ran towards you, and was about to punch you, until you ducked, and swung a knife around. He grabbed your arm, and twisted the knife out of your hand. You growled, and spun around, kicking him in the face, and landing a punch to his jaw.

As you were about to punch him, he grabbed your incoming fist, and twisted it behind you, forcing you to the ground.

He tore off your goggles and mask, entire body coming to a jolting stop when your face sparked a collection of memories. "(Y/N)?"

"Who the hell is (Y/N)?" You struggled against his grip. "My name is Agent Summer."

"Bucky!" You heard Steve call.

Bucky looked up, and his grip loosened a bit, so you took the opportunity to kick him off, and disappear.

Steve ran up to Bucky. "Who was that?"

Bucky shook his head and looked down at his hands.

"I knew her."