Scared | Sebastian Stan

Sebastian glanced at the bench he usually sat alone at, noticing the new girl was sitting there.

Shrugging, he say next to you, smiling, and waving hello. You smiled in return, turning back to your book.

Sebastian mustered up the courage to talk to you. "So... Where did you originally come from?"

You smiled. "I'm an exchange student from India, but I grew up here."

"Oh, cool."

"Yeah."

"... hey, if you ever need help getting around town, you can always ask me."

You smiled. "Sure! Can I have your number?"

"Yeah!" He pulled out his phone, unlocking it quickly, and handing it to you. "I'm Sebastian, by the way."

You typed in your number, setting the contact name to (Y/N). "That's my name."

He nodded, sending a confirmation text, in which your phone buzzed in your pocket. "(Y/n). I like it. Can I call you (Y/N/N)?"

You smiled. "Sure!"

Sebastian walked to the same bench, only to find you crying, your eyes bloodshot and your schoolwork tossed carelessly next to you.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Sebastian asked, carefully moving the books and papers off to the side, placing a hand on your shoulder.

You moved his hand away, crying into his shoulder. He tentatively wraps his arms around you.

"What happened?"

You sniffled, shaking your head. "Stupid popular kids."

He sighed, rubbing your back. "I'm sorry about them. They shouldn't be so hard on you on your first day."

You pulled away, wiping tears off your cheeks. "Thanks, Seb."

Huh. 'Seb'. He actually quite liked that nickname. Perhaps he would use it more often.

Just then, a group of immature teens walked past. "Hey! Lookit new girl! Her eyes are so red, she probably smoked pot in the bathroom."

Your eyes snapped to them, and back to Sebastian, whose eyes were widened in anger, but you only saw astonishment. You grabbed your bag, which was haphazardly tossed on the ground in front of you, and collected your work, speed walking off through a door and to a random classroom.

Sebastian tried to follow after you, but you disappeared before he could track your movements.

The next day, a rumor was spread through the school that you were a drug addict. The teachers knew it was untrue, and just decided to leave it alone, but you had enough.

One day, you walked into the courtyard where everyone hung out for lunch, holding a stack of papers.

You climbed into the top of a table, and yelled out to catch everyone's attention.

"Listen up, juvenile delinquents, 'cause I have a whole boatload of information to reveal!"

Everyone quieted down, hushed whispers flying through the crowd, and some of the girls giggling at you.

You pointed to a group of boys in the corner. "The other day, those idiots spread a rumor about me, claiming I did drugs. Now apparently, all of you assholes were either too stupid to not believe them, or to much of a jerk to say 'That can't be true!', so here's the truth."

You held up a huge stack of papers. "These are my blood tests. I went to a legal doctor, and he did a test; no tampering involved, and here's the summary."

You threw them on the ground, angrily. "So you can all shove these papers up your gossiping arses, and shut the fuck up about me, because none of you even have the decency to talk to me."

You hopped off the table, leaving the courtyard, slamming the door behind you as you left. Most of the students were left, mouths gaping wide, and others were staring at the papers on the ground, wondering if they would pick them up.

After a moment of stillness, Sebastian sighed. Pushing through the crowd, he leaned down, picking up a portion of the pages and handing them, one by one, to each student he passed.

Once he ran out, he looked back to see that others had also started passing out pages and finally left in search of you.

He knocked on the open door of the music room, where you were sitting, a single chair in the middle of the empty floor, the other chairs and music stands stacked in the corner by the orchestra before they left for lunch.

"You're a jackass, you know?" You stood up, glaring at the ground.

"Yeah, I know."

Your gaze snapped up to him. "What?"

He chuckled, and stepped in the room. "I should have defended you. I was an idiot for not doing so, and in response, you have completely rejected my friendship, which I cannot live without. I have found myself falling for you, (Y/n)."

By now, he was standing directly in front of you, his hands on your hips. Yours rose to the collar of his open windbreaker, pulling him closer.

"I hate you even more. I had an entire speech planned for this exact moment, but now I fucking forgot it, thanks to you-" Sebastian's laughter filled the room, bouncing off the walls. "You should be a writer," you whispered.

You felt him take a breath. "I prefer acting."

"That works, too," you said, brushing your lips against his, before he pulled you closer.