Mute Pt. 2 | Sebastian Stan

You ran from the room, clutching your sapphire necklace in your fist, preventing it from repeatedly hitting your chest, but mostly to hold it close to you.

You bit your lip to keep from letting out a sound, just like you had been told not to in your horrible past.

You ran to the elevator, pounding on the button desperately, tears running down your cheeks, the salty taste of them reminding you of your own weakness as they fell onto your lips. You pressed your forehead against the cold metal, your hair covering your swollen face as your thumb played with the gemstone on the silver chain.

Finally deciding that the elevator was taking too long, you ran off towards the stairs, running down them as quickly as you could.

Sebastian ran out of the conference room, and down the hallway, his hair flying into his face. He swiped it away furiously, noticing the empty elevator, which was now open, and the door to the stairs halfway open.

He sighed, running to the door, and peering between the empty space in the staircases, seeing you running down them, almost two stories below him.

"(Y/N)!" He called down, making you stop and glance upwards, then prompting you to run faster as your stunt-double-toned-legs carried you down he steps with grace and agility.

He followed you down the stairs, taking two or three at a time, and nearly catching up with you.

He was just five steps behind you when you burst through the lobby door, making your way to the main entrance and to the parking lot, Sebastian nearly caught up to you.

You finally reached your car, trying to pull open the driver's door, mentally face-palming when you realize you left your entire purse, along with your keys on the conference table.

A warm hand was placed on yours, and you frantically pushed it off, rushing back.

In your state of frenzy, you tripped on your own foot, landing back on your butt and hands, scratching them on the pavement. You scrambled back against the side of your car, curling into a small ball, as far away from Sebastian as possible.

The tears were still streaming down your face, and Sebastian cautiously crouched down next to you.

He raised a hand to place on your shoulder, which you flinched away from.

Immediately recognizing why you were so cautious, his eyes widened.

"Look, (Y/N)." He softly consoled. "I'm not going to hurt you."

He slowly outstretched his hand to place on your shoulders, as you stared deeply into his eyes, looking like a kicked puppy.

His hand finally met the warm fabric of your cardigan, and his other hand did the same.

You jumped up, pulling him into a hug, and beginning to cry again.

"Shhh, (Y/N), I won't let anyone hurt you."

You pulled back, wiping away the tears with your palm, wincing when the salty liquid came in contact with your bruised and bloody hands.

Sebastian noticed this, and pulled your hands up to his eyes using your covered wrists, afraid skin-to-skin contact would completely freak you out.

"I'm going to take you inside, okay? We'll get you patched up." 

You hesitantly nodded, using your knee to help you up off the ground, and following Sebastian inside. He took you to one of the gym rooms, pulling alcohol wipes and gauze out of the first aid kit in the corner.

He made you sit down on a bench, facing him. "(Y/N), I have to touch your hands to wrap up your wounds, okay?"

You took a deep breath and nodded, allowing him to lightly grasp your hand in his, and wipe them down with the antibacterial wipes.

For some reason, the skin contact didn't make you feel disgusted with yourself. Instead, his light touch was comforting you.

He quickly and skillfully wrapped your hands up with gauze, then letting go and smiling at you.

"Sorry for-uh... Making you fall."

"It's fine." You whispered.

Sebastian's eyes lit up. "Did you just speak to me?!"

You chuckled lightly. "Yeah... Did Elizabeth tell you everything?"

"Yeah. I'm so sorry for thinking that you hated me."

"That's a quite strange thing to apologize for."

"And you have a pretty voice. You should use it more often."