Soulmate | Sebastian Stan

AGHH I HATE THIS ONE

Normally, you wouldn't be this excited to go to work, but you felt a strange sense of urgency this time you walked down the bustling New York streets to your photography studio.

Your fingers tingled, which reminded you that your soulmate was nearby and that you could possibly meet your soulmate this day.

You had been told that when you and your soulmate first touch, you'll see visions of your future together.

Cheesy, perhaps, but also quite inspiring, if you go into depth, which you had done before. An entire partnership, already carefully planned and laid out before your very eyes, all including fights, breakups, marriage, children, and more.

It was simply beautiful in a sense, and amazing how two people out of seven billion would find each other.

As you entered your photo studio and gallery, you entered the back, throwing your beige coat on a chair, and pulling your favorite camera out of it's case, grabbing a new battery from the pockets and pulling off the lens cap. The camera blinked to life. Although you knew you would probably be switching to better cameras sometime during the photo shoot, you still loved using this one. Even though it was outdated, it was the most comfortable to use.

Other photographers and assistants ran around the room setting up scenes for the shoot, which was for several actors that were promoting a new movie, although your manager didn't tell you who the actors were.

You walked to the center of the room, and clapped your hands once, a habit you had gotten used to.

Most action, except the assistants and photographers that were just passing through the area, halted.

"Alright, everyone! We got a group of actors today, you may recognize some of them, but they are still clients! Treat them nicely, but don't be creepy. This is a huge opportunity for us, and we could benefit extremely from this."

You mocked curtsied, eliciting a laugh from some of your crew (especially the light technicians). "Let's do this."

You turned to your area of the shoot, where three smaller areas with certain scenes were set up for you. All the other photographers had a similar setup, with which they had planned out each scene, just like you had.

A single, large white projector screen was set up against a wall, which would be used to take group photos, and large set pieces could even be rolled up in front of a projected image.

You took off your heavy camera, placing it on a stool next to an editing computer.

You looked at one of your sets and took a step back to see it better, bumping into someone and nearly falling back. The man caught you in his arms and you grabbed his forearms as you fell into a dip.

You gasped as your mind began to display images of your life.

"Sebastian, stop!" You squirmed in his arms which were prodding your sides. "That tickles!"

"No!" He exclaimed, sending bright laughter up into the air that made your heart flutter.

To get him to stop, your elbow hooked around the back of his neck and you pulled him down for a kiss, to which his hands stopped poking your stomach and instead pulled you closer by the waist.

"You're an idiot." You snapped, stomping to the door with your purse slung over your shoulder, your hair a mess and your keys tightly clutched in your hand.

Sebastian scowled. "Like hell I am."

That stopped you in your tracks. You slowly spun around, tears forming in your eyes. "So that's it then. You don't think this is your fault. Sebastian, I don't have a job anymore."

"Of course I don't think it was my fault!" He clutched his hair. "How the hell is this my fault!? I wasn't the one driving the fucking car."

You looked at the wall next to him for a second, about to say something, but then stopping yourself. You were done. Fuck soulmates. Fuck him. "I'm leaving."

Your head was set gently on Sebastian's chest as you two swayed together in your apartment's living room. A slow song that neither of you recognized had began playing on the radio, and Sebastian had asked you to dance.

Suddenly, he pulled away.

"You know I love you, right?"

You chuckled. "I love you too."

He shook his head. "No, I mean I really love you."

You smiled. "And I really love you too."

He pulled you back to his chest and set his chin upon your head, laying a kiss into your hair.

You listened to his breathing and the steady beat of his heart right underneath your ear.

You kissed his bare chest before laying your head back on it, falling asleep shortly afterwards.

What you didn't realize was that Sebastian had been awake the entire time, and kissed your forehead, his lips lingering for a second too long before pulling you closer.

You snapped back to reality to see the same gorgeous man's face in front of your eyes.

He pulled you back to your feet, just as breathless as you, his hand still clutched in yours.

"I-I'm S-Sebastian."

Your cheeks flushed pink. "You're my client. I'm (Y/n). The head photographer."

An awkward silence came between you two.

"So I-"
"How's your-"

You both started to talk at the same time.

Sebastian grinned awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. "Let me just say, you're really pretty, and I'm glad you're my soulmate."