Bets | Lance Tucker

I changed your request up a bit @phsalex2019

You took a deep breath, letting it out through your nose slowly. Your husband, Lance Tucker, was next to you, coordinating his unruly team of both men and women gymnasts, with your team of swimmers talking amongst themselves but not running around like the gymnasts.

Both Simones (Biles and Manuels) were chatting happily with each other, and Katie Ledecky was talking animatedly to Missy Franklin about her horrible plane trip to Rio. Michael Phelps was near the entrance of the stadium, holding the Stars and Stripes proudly.

A producer came up to you, whispering in your ear and you nodded absentmindedly. You tapped on Michael's shoulder, urging him to go forward, into the view of the audience.

He paused in the light as cheers rose up in the audience, and a light breeze flew through the arena floor, expanding the flag and revealing the entire red, white, and blue banner.

After a considerable gab between him and the previous country, he started walking forward, the entire USA swim team at his side and the rest of the athletes following closely behind. You stood next to Lance, your fingers intertwined, walking in between the swim team and the gymnasts.

He noticed your nervous look, since you were coordinating the Olympic swim team for the very first time. He whispered in your ear, "Betcha my team gets more gold than yours."

You raised an eyebrow and turned to him. "Really?"

"Yep. What do you say, Mrs. Tucker? Do we have a bet?" He cheekily held his hand out.

You took his hand in yours and shook it. "We have a deal."

Of course your swimmers qualified for the finals, and most of them were to be placed in the 4th and 5th lanes when they swam the finals.

Lance's gymnasts did extremely well, also. Simone Biles and Aly Raisman led the team, and both of them were qualified for the all around.

Although you wanted to go to the All Around, most of the swim finals were scheduled at around the same time, and as coach/coordinator for most of the USA Swimmers, you were required to be there for practice, warm up, and the actual swim.

You were leaning over the railing at practice, watching your swimmers and their personal coaches train for the finals, when two hands snaked their way around your waist and pulled you closer to their owner.

Knowing exactly who it was once you saw the red USA Sweater and gold marriage ring, you sighed and leaned back into Lance's touch. He placed his chin on your shoulder, nudging his way to your neck where he pressed a gentle kiss.

"I thought you were at the Gymnastics Practice..." You mumbled, running a hand over his arm, which was still secured around your waist.

"Practice ended early," he muttered into the fabric of your matching USA sweaters. "So I decided to come here." He moved so he was standing directly next to you. "You look tired. What happened?"

"It's nothi-"

"Don't tell me it's nothing," he cut you off softly. Most people wouldn't believe this side of Lance Tucker existed. Everyone saw him as the ruthless playboy-coach. The only one who ever saw him as tender as this was you. "I've known you for eleven years. There's a certain face you make when you're stressed out."

You sighed. "I'm just wondering if... If I'm really the best choice for this. I've never done this before, I've only won two gold medals in freestyle, and I feel like they would do just fine without me."

"Sweetheart, you're the perfect choice for this. Can't you tell? The swimmers love your presence! And your tips have helped everyone here. Besides," he pulled you closer and spun around so he was leaning against the rail, you between his legs. "I'll always be here to de-stress you," he mumbled against your lips.

You smiled, and your lips finally met in a slow and tender kiss.

A voice startled you apart, and you jumped away from Lance.

"'Jeah! Get some, Coach!"

You looked down towards the pool to see Ryan and Adrian with their hands out in the air, cheeky smiles on their faces. The other swimmers had stopped in the water once they heard the shout, and the synchronized swim team was giggling up at you.

You rolled your eyes. "Back to swimming, guys!"

They all turned back to their practice, and you whispered in Lance's ear.

"I've already won, and my best swimmers haven't gone yet."

He pouted as you rolled your eyes at him.

"Because there's not as much gymnastic events. It's not fair!"

"Don't blame me! You're the one that started the bet in the first place!"