Rose

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14; Birthday no longer on Founder's Day* 

Emma was in a deep, peaceful slumber when she was woken up by a knock on her bedroom door. Jumping from the sudden noise, she lifted her head up and glanced at her clock, attempting to read the time through her major bedhead. Moving her brown hair out of the way, the time read 8:10 a.m. Again, there was another knock on her door.

"What?" she called out, reluctantly tossing the covers to the side and sitting up. As the door opened, Emma noticed that she was still in the dress she wore yesterday for the masquerade.

"Hey." Jeremy greeted, entering the young Gilbert's room and gaining her attention. "Have you seen Elena?"

Emma's eyebrows furrowed and gestured around herself. "Jer, as you can see, I just woke up. I haven't seen you until this moment so why would you think I've seen Elena?"

Rolling his eyes, Jeremy crossed his arms. "I understand that, but I didn't see her come home last night and her bed is made."

"Well, maybe she's with Stefan or something at school already." Emma said, letting out a long yawn. Stretching her arms, she got out of her bed and walked over to her dresser. "Let me get dressed and we can go."

"Fine." Jeremy said and left Emma's room.

Thirty minutes later, due to her cast, Emma walked downstairs dressed in jeans and a t-shirt she got while she lived with Uncle John. Going to the kitchen, she quickly made herself a small breakfast and put her lunch together with her one hand as Jeremy waited impatiently by the front door.

"Hurry up!"

Rolling her eyes, Emma grabbed her backpack and met up with Jeremy. "Coming." she said, and the two drove to their school. Once they got there, their first thought was to go to Stefan's locker, which was one of the most likely places he and Elena would hang out together.

"Stefan!" Emma called, smiling at Stefan as he closed his locker.

Stefan smile back and gave the girl a side hug as the three walked through the teenage infested crowd. "Hey, how's the arm?"

"Couldn't be better." Emma said, with a half-hearted smile.

"Look, man, Elena's gotta let me know if I'm supposed to cover for her. I mean, Jenna's cool with the two of you, but you guys are pushing it." Jeremy said right of the bat.

Confused, Stefan looked down at Emma for answers but only saw that she was as well waiting for his response. "What are you talking about?"

Jeremy cheekily smiled. "You and Elena. Look, I'm glad you guys are back together, but if she's gonna sleep over-"

"Wait, wait." Stefan interrupted, causing the trio to stop in the middle of the hall. "We're not back together."

The Gilbert siblings glanced at each other with their eyebrows furrowed.

"So she didn't stay with you last night?" Jeremy asked.

Stefan shook his head and adjusted his backpack on his shoulder. "No, I mean I saw her at the party but that was it. She didn't sleep over."

"Are you sure?" Emma asked, thinking back to this morning. "She wasn't at home this morning and Jeremy said her bed wasn't slept in."

"And Mrs. Lockwood said that her car was still in the driveway." Jeremy finished informing the vampire.

Emma looked at Jeremy at his words. "Hey, you never told me that."

Jeremy shrugged. "It didn't seem to matter before."