Klaus

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14; Birthday no longer on Founder's Day*

Emma sat with her back against the stone wall, playing with the dagger in her hand. It had been 10 minutes and Elijah was not awake yet. She had no idea how long it would take for him to come back to life, so all she could do was wait. She kept thinking about her decision. What if Elijah doesn't help them? It could be a huge possibility considering Elena had driven the dagger in his chest. But that was why she didn't involve anyone else. He wouldn't trust them, but he could trust her, since she had no part in killing him.

Another minute had gone by and still nothing. Emma let out a sigh, getting up from her spot on the ground. She still wore the 60s outfit she had on the night before. She thought it would have been to risky to go change, in case Elijah woke up while she was gone. Emma got closer to Elijah's body and knelt beside it, trying to see if there was any difference in his appearance to indicate if he was waking up.

Just then, Elijah let out a gasp, making Emma stumble back in surprise. Elijah's back lurched upward with a sickening crack of his bones. He looked up and saw the young girl, a pained expression on his face.

"Elijah," she whispered, placing a finger on her lips, shushing him.

He had passed out for a second, which worried Emma. But then he woke up again and got up from the floor, his joints cracking with each movement.

"I can't- I can't breathe!" he said, gasping for air as he looked out around confused. He fell to his knees. "What's happening to me?" he asked, looking at Emma.

Emma stammered over her words, not exactly sure what was going on. How was she supposed to know this was going to happen?

Elijah stood up and moved to vamp out of the cell, but he was stopped by an invisible barrier. Emma quickly got up and tried her best to help in stand straight.

"I can't- I can't be in this house." Elijah said, breathing hard.

Emma's eyes widened. "You weren't invited in." she concluded.

"You need to get me out of here." Elijah strained before he pushed himself off of Emma and slammed into the wall outside of the cell.

He took a moment to breath before he vamped upstairs, out of Emma's eyesight. Emma ran after him, the best she could in the gogo boots she wore. As she ran, she made sure to look around, hoping no one was around. When she made it to the main hallway, she turned to see Elijah kneeling by the front door, outside. She slowed her pace and hesitantly walked closer to the door. Elijah narrowed his eyes at her. He vamped after her, only to be stopped by the barrier.

"What happened?" Elijah asked, resting his arms on either side of the door frame.

Emma shushed him, pointing upstairs. "I'll tell you, but not here." she whispered. "Can I trust you?"

Elijah moved closer the best he could. "Can I trust you?" he whispered back.

Emma looked down at the dagger, tightening her grip on in before holding it out to the original vampire. He observed her as he careful took the dagger from her hands. Emma nodded, satisfied with his move.

"I'll be right back." she whispered, turning around and tiptoeing her way upstairs.

Entering the room she sometimes stayed in, she pulled off the boots and opened the duffel bag she had her clothes in. She bragged the easiest things she could slip on in, jeans and a graphic t-shirt, anything to get out of the dress. Once she finished tying her shoe laces, she quietly ran back downstairs and grabbed a blood bag from the fridge. Heading back to the hallway, she felt a wave of relief to see Elijah still standing there. She grabbed Elena's car key on the side table and stepped outside with Elijah. She handed him the blood and the keys.