Crying Wolf

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14; Birthday no longer on Founder's Day*

Emma was awoken by the sound of a phone ringing, causing her to groan in annoyance. The night before, Emma, Elena, and Bonnie had a sleepover with Caroline, to make her feel better after being kidnapped by revengeful werewolves. And boy, did they have fun. So fun that they all fell asleep on Caroline's bed, even though it was a very tight fit for all of them. Well, the girls would be sleeping if it wasn't for Elena's phone.

"Go away." Caroline mumbled, shoving Elena off the bed.

Elena fell with a 'oof', thankfully falling on top of pillows that were left on the floor. She reached up to the dresser and flipped the phone open. "Hello?"

"Elena!" Caroline complained, followed by a 'shh' and a 'outside' from Bonnie and Emma.

Elena rolled her eyes, and crawled out the door.

"Emma," Caroline groaned, stuffing her face on her pillow. "why didn't you have like a vision or something so that we could've made sure Elena's phone would be far, far, far away from us?" she asked, her voice muffled so much Emma almost didn't understand what she said.

"Care, it doesn't work like that." Emma sighed out, laying on her back. "I don't know how to make it happen."

"Well, it would have been nice to have a couple more minutes of sleep." Bonnie said, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

Elena crawled back into Caroline's bedroom and started to pack her stuff. "Sorry to cut this short, but I got romantic plans with Stefan."

Emma frowned and wrapped herself in her blanket. "Aw, can't we stay just a little but longer?" she asked, staring at Elena with puppy eyes.

Elena laughed as she threw a t-shirt in her bag. "By all means, you can stay. But don't you have to go to the tea party with Jenna today?"

Emma let out a loud and long groan, hiding herself underneath all the blankets.

"Thought so. Here." Elena tossed Emma her bag. "Get packing."

It took the girls maybe 5 minutes to pack their stuff. Bonnie and Caroline had said they were going to The Grill, so the four went their separate ways. When the sisters got home, Elena begged Jenna to allow her to go to the lake house they had in Dunham Lake, which Jenna was very reluctant to say yes to. Elena hugged Jenna and ran up to her room to get ready as Emma tried to hide from their aunt.

"No, no, no, young lady. You have to get ready for the tea party." Jenna said, crossing her arms.

"But I don't want to wear a dress, Jennaaa." Emma complained, dragging out Jenna's name.

Jenna scoffed. "What's wrong with the dress I got you last week?"

"I don't know, I just don't like wearing it."

Jenna rolled her eyes and pointed upstairs. "Quit complaining like a baby and get ready." Jenna demanded.

Emma sighed and slowly went upstairs, slouching as she went. The dress was simple, nothing too fancy. It was a white short sleeve dress, that stopped just above her knees. It was slim fitted, with a lace floral pattern. Well, it was a nice dress but Emma was just not the kind of girl to want to wear a dress. To make herself more comfortable, she put on a black flowy cardigan. Tossing on random flats and a quick check in the mirror, Emma ran downstairs.

"I'm ready." she announced, folding her hands in front of her.

Jenna emerged from the living room and smiled. "See? Was that so hard?" she said, grabbing her jacket off the coat rack. She continued to smile when she noticed the locket Emma was wearing. "I see you have the locket on."