No (Part One)

No, you can't do that...

No, don't touch that....

No, you don't belong here...

Y/n was just having a normal day. Her normal day. Laying in bed, listening to music, and worrying about her little brother, Tyler. She worries about him because everyday, she has a feeling that she's going to self-harm her self. She always wonders, what will he do if he finds out that I hurt myself? What if he knows it's on purpose?

Everyone tells her, there is no reason for her to think like she is. They tell her, she have this perfect happy life. But they don't know what happens once she gets home. They don't know that y/n is only acting happy to see if it affects how she thinks. But everyday she comes home, it changes. It's different. Once she steps foot into her house, a rush of anxiety, fear, and other emotions attack her all in a matter of seconds. Not only are her emotions attacking her, so are her step parents.

Y/n's step parents. They are always telling her awful things. Ever since her real parents left her and Tyler, her world was turned upside down by these, 'psychos'. Everyday, they hurt her for things she didn't do. If the house was robbed, they would've blamed her because she didn't protect them. Really, she was just a small frail little girl who can barely do a push up. They think that since she is the older one, she has to do everything. Everything.

No.

After a while, y/n couldn't take all the things that were attacking her. It all hurt her so much. She couldn't do anything about it anyways. No matter who she tells, they wouldn't believe because she is 'this happy person'. They wouldn't believe her.

The day her step parents called her parents useless hoes and other rude things, she couldn't take it. She was fine with them hurting her, but hurting someone she loved dearly, she wouldn't allow that. Y/n started packing her clothes and Tyler's as well cause she would never leave him with someone like them. Never.

"Come on Tyler, we're leaving this place..." Her little brother stared at her in tears and helped her pack the rest of his things in his bigger back pack, while she had her things already packed. She had food, water, and everything else she needed to survive. "Make sure you take your tooth brush, buddy. You don't want bad teeth." He nodded and dragged himself over to the bathroom to grab his tooth brush and his handy comb.

Once they were finished packing, they left with two pillows and a blanket since it was getting cold in California. Before the two siblings went to their traveling paths, the went to the store to grab cold drinks, and fresher food.

Everybody stared at them because it isn't usual to bring a blanket and a couple of pillows to the store. And since everyone kept on staring, it started to scare Tyler. "Sissy, why is everyone staring at us?"

Y/n sighed and stared at her little brother. She grabbed a hold of his hand and told him to just ignore everyone.

No, you're embarrassing...

As they were walking down the isle's searching for things they wanted/needed, out of the corner of her eye, y/n saw a little girl who couldn't reach a pack of Oreo's that she wanted. She told Tyler to wait where he was as she pushed herself forward towards the little. Y/n asked if she wanted the regular Oreo's. The girl nodded and y/n reached for the cookies. Afterwards, she gave them to the girl and walked away after she got thanked by her. But once she turned around, a hard metal like substance made contact with her forehead, leaving a small starting bruise.

"Ow!... Ow, ow, ow..." Y/n held her hand up to her forehead as she fell to the ground. Tyler ran over to her and looked at the person who had hit her.

"I'm so sorry!! I Didn't mean to hit you! Are you okay?!" Y/n looked foreword and a girl about her age stood in front of her with her hand reaching down to help her up. Y/n gladly took the brunette's hand and stood herself up. "It's fine." The curly haired girl stared at the bruise and ignored it.

"My name's Alessia. (Y'all thought it would be fetus Tori huh?)" Y/n smiled and pushed her brother in front of her. "I'm Y/n, and this is my little brother Tyler?"

Alessia looked at the things they were holding. A blanket, two pillows, and in Y/n's hand, a large suit case. She couldn't help but wonder why they had such things like this in a store.

"Are you guys... homele-" Then she got interrupted.

"There you are, Alessia. I didn't think I'd find you. You know ho- Oh... You found friends." A curly haired blonde stood beside Alessia smiling at the siblings. Y/n stared at her in awe. She took in all her beauty, detail by detail. The way her eyes get smaller as she smiles, and her dimple that only shows on one side of her face. Or maybe her pearl teeth. Her long dark lashes that curl just above her eyelids. And her voice.

"Y/n, I'm tired..." Y/n stared down at Tyler and kneel to the ground. "Bud... I don't know where we are going to sleep.. We have no where..." She rubbed his arm and frowned at him, knowing that if they didn't run away, they wouldn't be a problem with sleeping terms. They had no where to sleep. They'd have to stay out in the cold. Y/n didn't want this for Tyler, but staying at the dump would be a whole lot worse.

Y/n wiped the tear that slipped from her eye. What would she do? She knew for sure her little brother wouldn't like to live out in the cold, and the cold hard concrete floor.  She didn't want him to grow up like that. No...

"Where would we go? We have... we have no one, no where." Tyler squeezed his pillow, understanding all the words that flooded out of his older sisters mouth. But he didn't understand why. He didn't know.

"You don't have a home?" Y/n looked over to her side and saw Alessia staring down at the two while Tori was searching for her Sour Patch Kids.

"We ran away... I couldn't take it anymore."