The Shy Effect

Recently I have been preparing an audition for a play. The audition required a 1 minute song. A hike before I knew of the play I began preparing an audition (My song is Shy from Once upon a Mattress). I learned the lyrics and started working on the sound and details. I was then told of the play by jcrdhebjalw  aka my life saver. I was immediately freaking out with way too many emotions.

I have been working on the song and I noticed a pattern. One moment I will think I am the best in the world and the next I think I'm terrible. These changes vary in length. This is really coincidental because the song I am doing is about a princess who is explaining to some men that just like them she is shy (keep in mind the character is the most confident and outgoing character ever). That is why I will call this the Shy Effect.

The Shy Effect happens in more than musical auditions. It can happen while practicing monologues, doing improv, or just performing in general.

I'm not sure how to cope with the Shy Effect. The only advice I have is do your best, and confidence is key.

Please tell me if I'm crazy because I'm the only one that experiences this.

All the world's a stage and with that I end this page.