The Walk

Requested by introverted-actress
When developing a character I always try to create a walk. This is just as important as speech patterns and backstory. It gives the illusion of being someone else.

I naturally have a confident, quick and bouncy walk so it's hard for me to completely change it. Here are some tips to create a walk.

1. Have it match the character's personality.
     a. Scar shouldn't skip across the stage. 

2. Lead with an effective body part.
     a. This is hard to explain but a confident
character could lead with their chest.

3. Use appropriate body language.
     a. This should be self explanatory.

4. Think about the situation.
     a. change it up depending on the feelings the character is feeling.

5. Don't overdo it. (There are exceptions)
     a. This can make you look like an over dramatic newbie.

6. Don't underdo it.
     a. If you wanted to be a rock you should have auditioned for that. 

The last character I was ended up having a similar walk to me. I needed the quickness and bounce but at times the character was unsure or degraded so I had to show that at times.

Side note: I was in heels and that is not my strength so I had to practice.

This chapter is kind of all over the place but I hope it made sense. Ask questions in the comments of you need to. Do you guys want a chapter on the Scottish play?

All the world is a stage, and with that I end this page.