Chapter 2

* Jesse Williams as Dylan Kennish*

Chapter 2

"I can't believe that you didn't tell me that you got in here." I said trailing behind Dylan dragging my suitcase behind me. He agreed to help me get settled in my dorm room.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. Last time we talked, you told me that you got in, and I got my own acceptance letter a week after that." He said.

"Yeah, and how come you ignored my texts?" I said sending a glare his way.

"Sorry about that," he said sheepishly. "I was trying to avoid you asking me questions about where I got in and I didn't wanna lie to you."

He turned down the hallway.

"I'll get you back for thi- hey, how come you know the way to my room? I didn't tell you where it was yet." I asked abruptly.

"I don't know your room number exactly but we live in the same hallway. They got all the soccer teams housing together in the dorms behind the field. The guys on the right and girls on the left, so we are probably just across each other," He explained.

"Oh nice," I said. We walked a little more until we got to a long hall. There were trails of rooms filling the left and right side with numbers on them. In between the rooms were couches and sofas facing a big TV. There was a table on the side with a coffee maker and a couple of cups. I walked behind it seeing a big counter around a stove and an oven and cabinets being it. "Wow, this hall is kinda like a big house with a bunch of rooms, where's everyone?"

"I don't know. Probably settling in into their rooms." Dylan said.

"Right, ok I'm in room 13. Ooh, it's right there!" I said pointing at a door on my left. "Let's go."

He followed me in. It was a small room with two beds. I guess I had a roommate. There two desks and two closets on each side with a big dresser in the middle. I opened a small door that led to small bathroom with another door on its other side. I guess it leads to the room next to us.

I unpacked with Dylan silently helping me. It was a comfortable silence. I finished putting my last pile of clothes in the closet when I turned around finding him sitting on my bed and staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You look a lot different." He said , tilting his head observing me. His eyes seemed to take me in as they roamed all over my body.

"Um, good different?" I said nervously, not liking being scrutinized. Now, to think of it, I do look a lot different from last time he saw me. Freshman year in high school, I used to have this big pile of frizzy hair hiding most of my face. And, now that I remember, I used to wear these hideous glasses that I don't wear anymore because my eyes are fine now. I was also very skinny and kinda late to the whole puberty thing. I gained a lot of weight over the years and I can say that my body has developed enough now, sporting me more of a curvy form. My dark hair now falls in wavy cascades down my back.

"Definitely good difference." He said, lazily draping his arm over his head leaning back on the bed frame.

"Ok, when you're done checking me out-

The doors suddenly burst open.

"Honey, don't forget your oil cream, you have to apply it every night if you want your skin to stay smooth," A middle aged lady said walking into the room followed by a gorgeous blonde. Her hair and makeup were just perfect. And she lifted manicured hands in exasperation.

"Mom, I won't forget so please leave. You said you were just gonna drop me off downstairs," She said pushing her suitcases behind her.

"I know, but I just wanted to make sure that-" She cut off seeming to notice that there were other people in the room when Dylan scratched his throat. "Oh my God, your roommate is a boy?!" She must have gotten this impression because Dylan was the one laying on the bed like he belonged there.