Chapter 4

So turned out Dylan knew all about the party and was gonna be there. He's gotten quite popular around here already. No surprises there. He was athletic and good looking. Me on the other hand, was doing ok.

I was just now getting into bed. I called my mom and just finished Skyping with Marly and it was only 11:00pm. But I was exhausted from practice and I did not have anything else to do. Sleeping seemed like a good idea right now. Blythe was going through her nightly beauty ritual and she had a face mask on right now while being on her laptop with headphones on. A ping sound came from my phone on my nightstand and I quickly grabbed it. It was a text from Gloria.

"Hey do u have more details about that party?"

"YES! Dylan hooked me up. We can come."

"Lit! Cant wait."

"Same. Its a pool party too so double the fun."

"Omg. Im excited. We should all get ready together."

"Yep. Ill come over to ur room. I dont think Blythe would appreciate a crowd in here."

"Tell her to get that stick outta her ass, but sure, Briana wont mind."

"Lmao, ill make sure to pass the message."

We chatted a bit more, until I was getting sleepy. Blythe shut off her night lamp next to me and got under the covers which got me to remember Tristan's request.

"Um, Blythe? Are you sleeping?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes." She replied. Oh ok then.

"So... Why are you talking?" I asked.

"I wouldn't be if you didn't keep asking me questions." She said in a sing-song voice that border-lined irritation.

I ignored her. "Um..Well.. See, I just wanted to ask what you thought about Tristan." I said finally a little uncomfortable.

"Tristan? Who the hell is that?." She asked turning over facing me.

"You know.. Tristan, from soccer? Across the hall?" I said. Was she playing stupid?

"Ohhh...him." She said remembering. " Eww, why would you even ask me that? That guy is a creep and is always staring at me. I almost got a restraining order against him last year."

I burst out laughing. "Why? He's very nice."

"No thanks. He's crazy and have you seen his clothes? They look second-handed." I could just feel her rolling her eyes in the dark.

I sobered up. "Hey, not everyone can afford expensive shit"

She just shrugged.  "Anyways, I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight."

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

The next morning went by smoothly. I had soccer practice early in the morning and went to classes after. I was now having lunch with the girls at some cafe in our school.

"I love your earrings." Sofia said to me. I had multiple ear piercings, so I wasn't sure which one she was talking about but I thanked her anyways.

"Speaking of earrings, I have my outfit ready for tonight." Gloria said brightening up.

"You sent me a picture. It's not much of an outfit if you ask me. More like lingerie." Lainey said biting into an apple.

I laughed. "It's a pool party. We don't really have to wear much. A bathing suit would be fine. Just find a nice cover up." I said shrugging.