Chapter 14

I sneezed for 14th time this past minute.

"Oh God." I grabbed another tissue getting up from bed to head to the shower, but I didn't make it there before a huge cough raked my body.

"What are you doing? Go back to bed!" Blythe yelled at me, dragging me back.

I tried to get away. "Noooo I'm fine."

"No, look at you! You're sick. You look awful. You won't do us any good on the field in that state. You can't play like that and we'll lose. Is that what you want?"

I sighed. "No." I replied, lowing my head down.  I can't believe I was sick and couldn't play against UMB. It was one thing to miss last nights hall party because of my cold, but I thought I'd be better today for my game but I seem to have gotten worst.

"Good. Now rest up. There's some tea on your night stand. Coach will have Jessica play for you. Dylan texted me that he'll come and check on you after practice. Ok?"

Oh God no. Things got a bit awkward between Dylan and I after the other days incident. If I'm not mistaken, he was about to kiss me until I fell back in that freezing water inside of that tub, which I'm pretty sure is what got me sick in the first place, and made a fool of myself, and mumbled a quick excuse then ran away from that room like my pants were on fire. Dylan was the last person I wanted to see right now. Because my feelings were all mixed up and I didn't trust myself around him.

But I smiled at Blythe anyways. "Thanks, you can be sweet sometimes."

"Shut up. I only made that tea because Dylan forced me to on the phone. He can be very persuasive and he wouldn't shut up."

"Oh well in that case... never mind." I say, sneezing again. I groaned.

"Yeah anyways, bye now. I gotta go meet the others and your kinda gross right now, yes offense." Blythe said grabbing her bag and leaving, closing the door behind her.

Gotta love her.

I texted "good luck" to my group chat with Lainey, Gloria and Sofia.

Gloria: thanks babe. feel better soon 😘
Sofia: we don't need luck sweetie. We'll END THEM. miss u tho 💕
Lainey: ^^

I laughed. I love my friends.

I must've fallen asleep at some point because the sound of someone knocking on my door woke me up suddenly.

"It's open." I croaked. The door opened to reveal Dylan and a couple of his friends from the guys soccer team.

"Heyyy, we come in peace." Tristan bellowed, holding up what seems to be bags of food from my favorite café on campus, and DVDs while Dylan was holding a giant teddy bear.

"I see food, come in." I smiled.

They laugh and put the stuff on my little table. Dylan comes over and kisses my forehead.

"Dyl! I'm sick." I whine, trying to get him away from me.

He just shrugs. I guess he didn't care.

"This for me?" I ask in the direction of the teddy bear he was holding like his child.

"No, Kennish has a thing for stuffed animals now and that's his new flavor of the month. I wouldn't touch it if I were you." Carlos says.

"You're disgusting." Brandon says smacking the back of his head.

Dylan rolls his eyes. "Yes, it's yours." He puts it on my lap. "Do you like it? I can get you another color or size if you'd like."

"No, it's fine. I love it." I say kissing it all over.

He laughs. "Should we give you guys some privacy?"

"Shut up." 

Brandon separates the food and brings me my share.

"Girl you you need to eat, and get some strength 'cause you don't look you best." Carlos says.

"Are u calling me ugly?"

"Well you said it, not him." Tristan says, as he sits on Blythe's bed with Carlos and Brandon. Dylan sits down at the foot on my bed and puts a movie in my laptop and places it on the table between our beds so we can all watch while we eat.

I know he's the one behind all this and that was so sweet of him. Knowing him, he wouldn't want me to make a big deal about it or he'll retract and close off, so I have to pretend this is normal. Still I send him an appreciative look and he nods back at me.

I really love my friends.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Short chapter but very important. You'll get why later on. Will update again soon. Happy Sunday!