Chapter 13

"OH MY GOD! AHHHHH." Loud knocks on my bedroom door proceeded to wake me up after that awful screeching. "Oh my God Kayla! Wake the fuck up and open the goddam door.!"

Blythe stirred on her bed next to me. "If ur not gonna get that, I will get up myself and rip the head off of whoever's behind that door." She muttered under her breath.

"Fine, Fine, I'm going." I got up from bed, stretching and got to the door. Gloria was standing behind it smiling and jumping up and down holding what seemed to be a letter.

She stopped for a second taking in my appearance. "You sleep with no pants?" She said, making a face.

"Gloria, did you come in here at the crack of dawn to criticize my sleeping attire choices?"

"It's 10 o'clock."

"It's also Saturday."

She shook her head, dismissing the topic. "Anyways, guess what?" She says smiling brightly again, but pushing me out of the way to come in and get on my bed.

"What?" I say unenthusiastically, closing the door behind her.

"You're supposed to guess."

I gave her a face.

"Ok fine, I'll tell you. We got a letter from the NCAA."

Blythe suddenly snapped out of her slumber and sat up. "We did?"

"We did?" I echoed, snapping out of my drowsiness.

The National Collegial Athletic Association was the company behind College Soccer and they were a big deal.

"Oh no, not you Blythe. They are offering an award to the most improved freshman in Women Soccer this year out of all universities of this district. I just told Lainey and Sofia!"

Blythe turned around on her bed and went back to sleep.

"A freaking award from the NCAA??" I screamed. "Oh my God!"

"Yes, they'll send a representative to watch our games and they'll announce the winner at this gala they're hosting at their headquarters or whatever."

I'm so stoked for this. If I won, my name would get out there in the soccer world. They have lots of connections and have worked with some of our biggest soccer players in the past.
I'll win this one for Matt, he'd be so proud.

"Well, good luck to you. May the best player win." I say to Gloria.

She laughs. "Good luck to you as well. If I don't win, I'd be happy as long as it's you, Sofia or Lainey. But it's a girl from another school, these bitches are wrong and I deserve better!"

"Yes! How dare they? You were robbed of that award!"

"It's because I'm black! That's racism. I'm filing a complaint as we speak!"

"Oh my God, sue them!"

"While you guys are hypothetically getting mad, about the award hypothetically being given to a freshman from another university, from a contest that hasn't even happened yet, some of us are trying to sleep!" Blythe, seethed next to us.

"Oh right. Sorry." Gloria whispered. "I'm gonna go now." She hugged me briefly. "So excited about this." She says holding up the letter excitingly before closing the door behind her.