Chapter 9

The next day, I woke up feeling excited for my game. Thank God, I didn't drink last night and I was feeling rather energetic now. Except, that that dreadful night of losing my virginity was now playing over and over in my head. I never allowed myself to revisit that night in my mind, but ever since I opened up about it last night, the guilt was eating at me. Every one was silent for a good 5 seconds after my little story last night, before they all ended cracking up for the next 5 minutes. They laughed non stop. I was pretending to laugh with them but inside I was mortified. That day was just plain horrible. I was just in a very bad place and I had come from visiting my brothers grave for the anniversary of his death.

Anyways, what's done is done. Nothing I can do about it now.

Blythe stirred in her bed, and stretched before taking off her night mask.

"'Morning "

"Good morning. Sleep well?"

"Yep, I had a dream that we won our game today."

"Way to jinx it." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You can't honestly believe that."

"I do. If we lose, it's your fault."

The next thing I knew, a pillow was thrown over my face.

"Meanie." I got up and headed to the shower. I hope it wasn't occupied by Lexie, or Amber, since they shared this bathroom with us. I knocked, and realizing no one was inside, got in with my toiletries. I took a much needed shower, washed my hair and shaved. Our game was in 2 hours, and then we were all leaving in 1 hour by the team bus.

Blythe quickly got in the shower after me, while I got ready. I was wearing full soccer gear and my hair was up in a high ponytail held back by a black head band. I didn't bother with make up, which I never wore to games. I only dabbed some chapstick on my lips then I was good to go. Blythe was finishing up next to me.

We met everyone downstairs.

Coach gave everyone a nice pep talk before we got on the bus, then we were ready.

Darla and I sat together on the bus, as we were discussing different strategies as the only 2 Forwards

Darla and I sat together on the bus, as we were discussing different strategies as the only 2 Forwards. My phone pinged. I looked in my bag and saw a text from my mother.

Mom 👸: Good luck on your first game sweetie. David and I miss you terribly but we know you'll kill it. Don't forget to have fun! I love you.

I smiled. Then quickly sent back a reply.

Thanks mom! I miss you guys too and I will. I love you more 😘

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

The ride went by smoothly and we were finally there. We had a big crowd from our school there already to support us. I recognized Dylan and his little gang of friends in the stands. He put two of his fingers in his mouth and whistled loud and clear.