Chapter 15

It was finally the day of the gala, where they were going to announce the winner of that award. I thought I had a pretty good chance. My throws and kicks have been perfect and I've scored many times using different techniques over the last few days. I'm glad that this competition pushed me to be better and work my ass off. I missed one game the day I was sick, but I'm confident my previous games have made up for it. 

I've gone shopping with the girls over the week and I've picked this lacy ivory and nude dress with see-through cutouts on either side of it.

I was now pulling my hair up in a messy up do, leaving random locks falling out

I was now pulling my hair up in a messy up do, leaving random locks falling out. After contouring my face, I added in some smokey dark grey eyeshadow with a hint of nude lipgloss.

"Ok even I had to admit, you clean up very nice." Blythe exclaimed next to me, adding in some last touches on her face.

Her outfit was a dramatic bright red color, hugging her every curve, her blonde hair was curled in ringlets around her round face, which looked striking with her cat eyes and bright red lipstick matching her dress. She looked stunning.

I laughed. "Thanks, but I think you win this round."

"I do, don't I ?" She says observing her frame in the mirror facing us.

She had no particular reason to go seeing as it was in honor of all freshman in soccer from the universities in the area, but our whole soccer team was invited as well along with the boys.

Her phone rang and she picked it up from her bed and answered. I gave myself one last look in the mirror, this will do.

Blythe snapped her phone shut. "Tristan is here. Gotta go." She says grabbing her purse and leaving.

"Alright, see you there." I say. Blythe haven't done a good job convincing people that Tristan and her were just fuck buddies, when it's so obvious that they're practically dating at this point.

I had to go too. I was giving Lainey, and Sofia a ride there, but Gloria was going with her date Bradley. I grabbed my purse and umbrella because the weather forecasted a lot of rain tonight and was out of the door on my way to the elevator, texting the girls that I was going down and will be waiting for them in the car.

It was a half hour drive and it was drizzling a little bit. The girls got down and ran inside while I looked for parking. The venue was beautiful. It looked like a modern building with lots of windows. From the address I had, it was on the third floor. I get in the elevator and it goes up and opens.

The room in front of me was decorated with bright lights, and was filled with many people in different gowns and tuxes, and the air reeked of perfume and alcohol. There was an open bar in a corner and caterers were walking around handing appetizers while soft music played in the background. I stayed rooted to my spot admiring the view until I suddenly felt eyes on me. A couple of people have looked my way when the elevator opened but had gotten back to the whatever they were doing but across the room my eyes fell on the one person staring still. Dylan.