Chapter 17.

*DYLAN*

Sweat was flowing out of every pore of my body, and my breathing was starting to get ragged, but I had to keep going. I lifted the weights one more time over my head and started lifting my arms up and down.

"You alright there, bro?" Carlos asked sitting on the bench next to me, taking a break from the weights himself. "You've been going at it for  a while."

I grimaced, starting to feel worn out. He's right, I haven't stopped the minute I came in to the gym with the guys, while they've been going at a much slower pace.

Tristan turned to look my way from his position on the bars he was hanging from.

"I'm fine." I gripped. Sweat was trickling down my arms and my torso, and it had started becoming painful to lift up the weights over my head.

"You look like your struggling. Take a break." Bradley said coming in my line of sight. Suddenly my arms felt light and weightless, and I realized Bradley had lifted them up and had taken the weights off of me, before putting them down on the floor.

I slid down down the bench and sat up. "I said I was fine."

He rolled his eyes. "We're finishing up anyways. I'm starving."

Carlos's eyes lit up. "I heard food."

"No, not exactly. What I said was that I was starving. Where did you hear foo-?"

"Ok stop you two," Tristan said dropping down on the floor from his high up position.

I gave him a grateful look. God knows these two could go on for hours.

I picked up my gym bag from the floor. "We hitting the showers here?" I asked.

"Yeah, lets do that." Carlos agreed. "We gotta be fast though, I'm meeting up with Kayla at 4:30 today."

"For what?" I growled at him, my bag hitting the floor.

Why the hell was Carlos meeting up with her for?

"Woah.... calm down. We have an assignment for class we're working together on." Carlos says backing up from me and lifting his arms up defensively.

Bradley chuckled.

"Oh." I say, feeling stupid.

"Damn, you're whipped man." Tristan says slapping my back.

"Shut up." I mutter, grabbing my bag off the floor and making my way to the showers.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

We made our way up the elevator to our dorms minutes later to drop off our gym bags.

"Is that- is that food I smell?" Carlos says excitingly the minute the elevator doors opened to our lobby.

Sure enough, Kayla was on the stove cooking up something, while chatting to her friends who were helping out by chopping vegetables.

A couple of my teammates were leisurely laying on the couches watching the big TV on the wall while waiting for dinner to be ready.

My eyes went back to Kayla, almost involuntarily. She was laughing, carefree and it pissed me off. It pissed me off that my little stunt this morning meant nothing to her. She didn't even seem to care. Maybe it's a good thing after all that our kiss meant nothing to her. It meant I had nothing to worry about. It meant that I wouldn't have to work so hard at pushing her away. I don't know how it happened but I can no longer deny it. Somewhere along the way I started to fall for her, hard.