Chapter 11

Over the next two weeks, Jungkook and Taehyung became closer. They would hang out often when they didn't have work, and when they couldn't hang out they would text each other almost constantly. Work was going well. Both models were getting more well known. Jungkook was happy.

"Okay, that should be all for today. Great work everyone!" Seokjin announced, clapping his hands together a bit. There were choruses of similar things ("Great work!" "Good job everyone!") in which Jungkook was a part of.

Jungkook changed back into his normal clothes, along with all of the other models.

After getting into his car, he heard rapping on his window. Even if he was used to it by now, he still jumped a bit. He rolled down the window, knowing who it was before looking at them.

"Hey Jungkook. You busy tonight?" Taehyung asked, leaning down a bit so he could see through the open window. Jungkook shook his head, a small smile on his face. "Great! There's this record shop I've been wanting to check out, and I wanted you to come with me." Jungkook didn't even have to think for a moment before he has his answer.

"Sure. We can take my car and then come back and get your's, is that's okay with you," Jungkook offered. Taehyung nodded and chirped put a quick 'sounds good!' before walking around the front of the car and hopping in the passengers seat.

Taehyung directed Jungkook to the record shop. It was a place downtown, not too far from Spectrum. After Jungkook almost caused a terrible accident and gave both Taehyung and himself heart attacks while trying to parallel park, they walked inside. He say that there were quite a few people inside already. There was music playing that Jungkook didn't recognize. Taehyung scanned the shop with his eyes before stopping in one area. He then proceeded to go straight to the place he was looking at. Jungkook soon realized that it was the rap CDs.

"You're into rap?" Jungkook asked, even though the answer was seemingly obvious. Taehyung nodded, picking up one of the CDs that caught his eye.

"Are you?" Taehyung asked in reply, looking back at the other man. Jungkook just shrugged. He liked to listen to it sometimes, and there were quite a few rap songs he enjoyed, but it wasn't a genre that he exclusively listened to. Taehyung nodded, seeming to understand. "Well, you're free to look at other stuff. I'll be right here," he said, crouching down to look at the bottom shelf. Jungkook nodded and turned around.

He walked around a bit, browsing the shelves. He liked the shop. The atmosphere was appealing, and music was a thing he loved. He picked up a CD that caught his eye. It was in the alternative section. The cover looked strange, but Jungkook found it alluring. The title was A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. Jungkook held onto it.

After a few minutes, Taehyung came over to him with three CDs in hand.

"I'm gonna get these," Taehyung said, showing Jungkook the covers. They all seemed to be either rap or R&B. "Did you find anything?" he asked. Jungkook nodded.

"Mmhm," he showed Taehyung the CD he picked out. Taehyung nodded, possibly a gesture of approval.

"Well, I'm ready to go if you're ready," Taehyung said. Jungkook said he was ready and they both checked out. Taehyung offered to pay for Jungkook's CD as well, because Jungkook drove them both, but he denied the offer.

They both exited the shop and started to walk down the street towards Jungkook's car. He had to park a little way away from the shop because there wasn't room elsewhere. Suddenly, they were stopped.

"Taehyung? Jungkook?" a girl called out. Both men turned their heads simultaneously to see a girl standing outside one of the shops. She couldn't have been more than 15. Taehyung was the first to speak.

"That's us, yes," Taehyung said. The girl suddenly looked excited.

"Oh! I'm a big fan of you guys! I've been following the magazine since the beginning, and I think you two do great there!" the girl exclaimed. Jungkook smiled. A big fan.

"Really? Well I'm really glad to hear that," Jungkook said genuinely. The girl was standing more in front of them now.

"I'm glad too," Taehyung commented.

"Also! Umm.." the girl paused, supposedly thinking about what she was going to say, "I was wondering, and a lot of other people were wondering, if you guys are dating?" she asked. The question was eager, and curiosity was burning in the girl's eyes. The question took Jungkook completely by surprise. Were they dating? Did this count as dating? Before Taehyung could say anything, Jungkook answered.

"Us? No, no, no. We're not dating. I don't like him in that way. We don't like each other in that way," Jungkook answered. He didn't even realize the words were coming out of his mouth until after he had said them. The girl looked disappointed. He couldn't see that Taehyung looked disappointed too.

"Oh. Well that's too bad. I was sure there was more going on between you two!" the girl frowned a bit. "Well, it was nice meeting you anyways. Have a nice night!" the girl put the smile back on her face and turned away from them, waving.

Both of them were still and silent for a few seconds. Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

"Running into someone who knew us was kind of weird, but cool, right?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung turned his head and smiled, just nodding. The smile seemed forced.

The ride back to the Spectrum parking lot was awkward and silent. Which was strange, because Taehyung was never silent. The air seemed different between them, and Jungkook didn't know why. Though, it felt as if he did know why, even though he couldn't quite place it.

When they got back to Taehyung's car, he thanked Jungkook for the ride, but said nothing else. Jungkook noticed the expression of disappointment and slight confusion on the other's face.

Jungkook kind of felt disappointed too, as he drove back to his apartment.

And he didn't know why.

And here's some conflict lmao.

This story is probably going to come to an end pretty soon tho. I'm trying to write more often so I don't leave you guys with two months in between each chapter bc that sucks!!

Also I swear I didn't make them go to a record shop just so I could just have A Fever You Can't Sweat Out make a cameo lol (it's a great album tho you should listen to it)

L8er losers ~ highqualitytrashcan