Thoughts

My room was on the bottom story of the house, the basement. It was later explained to me that it was so the boys wouldn't bother me, but at the time it just reminded me of a dungeon.

"I know it's not much just a bed and some other furniture, but we'll go shopping and you can get stuff to decorate", Mrs. Jacobs informed me, though she seemed nervous like I would leave since my room didn't have a rug and blankets. I wouldn't leave, I had no where to go and this room was huge. I got all of the basement, which included my room, an ensuite, and a small kitchen. All of this was mine, there has to be a twist, something horrible that came with this good, there always was but I couldn't figure out what it was for this house.

They left me in this room to "get settled" so I had spent the last hour laying on the king sized bed and thinking. I had found a radio in the room so it played whatever pop crap was on and popular at the moment. I wish I had my old CD's. I had hundreds that littered the trailer we slept in, but they wouldn't let me take them saying they were too much to transport. All I was allowed to bring was a trash bag full of my clothes. They matched the trash bag, black.