Why do they want me?

"Why did we invite Cassie to live here?" Greg asked.

Silence followed. It was the last question and we were tied. This was what Greg wanted us to know, wanted me to know.

"Gregory you can't ask that question! That's terrible! Cassie I'm so sorry." Monica screeched ending the silence.

"Tell me" I interrupted her rant.

"What"
"Excuse me?"
"Pardon?"
"Alright"

"I need to know", I told Monica and Jerry, "I need to know why you fostered with five kids already. Why you denied my back story, I need to know."

"Alright. We wanted a girl. That's it really we wanted a girl so terribly and I couldn't have anymore kids after Evan." Monica said.
"I've always wanted a little girl to spoil and someone the boys can watch out for." Jerry added.
"I was Mommy's last egg, that's what she told me, so I was the last baby she could have", Evan said a smile on his face.
"So Mom and Dad started talking about adopting a baby girl", Gale said.
"But I told them they should get a teen out of the system, so they had a family", Jason's voice joined the explanation.
"So I'm here because you wanted a daughter, and you told them to help out some kid in need?" I asked looking around the room. All I saw was nods from everyone. So I stood up and left I needed some time to think, needed some time to myself. As I was walking out of the room I felt a hand on my arm, so I stopped and turned. Sam was standing there, I don't know what came over me but I wrapped my arms around his stomach and buried my head in his chest. I felt more people wrap their arms around me, though no one said anything.