Chapter Three - Just Call

Mark's POV:

Shes so beautiful, it makes me sad that people treated her this way. I'm just blown away and completely speechless by it all. I wish I could give her the world, but I'm just another guy. I hugged her tightly as she berried her head into my chest and cried a little. I rubbed her back. How can I make her better?

"Emma?" I asked

"Yeah?" She replied with a shaky voice.

"I promise you, everything will be okay," I paused for a second. "You do trust me, right?"

I could feel her slightly smile. Feeling it made me feel a lot eased up.

"Yes," She answered. "Mark, you have changed my life, of course I trust you."

I smiled. Hearing those words, for some reason, has changed my life. I'm glad she trusts me. At this moment, I swear to you, I can feel our emotions connecting. I don't know what's gonna happen next but I'm trying to control myself. For some reason, I like this a lot. Talking to somebody about the life they face and being able to connect with them on it is nice. It's something I'm not use to yet. How could I be use to something like this? I don't know what to do at this point. I want to hold her until her pain is gone, but I also want to start a conversation some how some way. I don't want to just let her walk away. 

She looked up into my eyes and I couldn't help but get lost in them. I couldn't help myself. The golden sparkles in her eyes made me drift away. She's just so stunning. At this point, I can't grasp in reality, but I don't care. I wanna be like this forever.

I begin to lean in and she smiled up at me. She started to lean in too. I smile back. I can feel her breath on my face, just inches away from her lips, our eyes began to shut when I realized what I was doing. I quickly pulled away.

"What's wrong, Mark?" She asked, a little offended. 

"I'm sorry, Emma," I said quickly. "Your a very nice girl, but your sixteen and I'm twenty-seven. This is illegal."

"Yeah," She said slightly disappointed. "Your right."

"Watch the panel," I said, "and come see me after its over." 

She agreed.

________________________________________________________________________

After everybody left the panel, I stood where I met Emma last time, and waited for her arrival. She came back. I'm so glad she came back. I gave her a slip of paper and she looked down at it, then back up at me, confused. 

"Why did you give me your number?" She asked me.

"Just because we can't date, doesn't mean we can't be friends," I replied. "If you need anything, just call."

She smiled at me.

"Thank you so much," She replied.

She hugged me. I hugged back. It feels nice to have her presence near me. I don't want to lose this, but I know it's gonna be soon. I messed up. I got attached to a fan, now what do I do?