Chapter Twelve - Home

Your POV:

Marylin told me not to give into Mark but I miss him. The more I keep my distance from him, the more my heart breaks. I feel like it's self destructing. My mom cleaned my room out. She took away anything I could harm myself with. My mom has lost all trust in me. I guess it's my fault, but when you really love somebody, you can't let go. The saying, "If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't comeback it was never yours." is nothing but lies. If you can let something go that you "love" then you don't actually love it. True love is the person that you wake up thinking about, fall asleep thinking about, dream about. True love is the person you think about when your busy and when your lonely. Mark is my true love. What do I do if he was my Romeo and I'm not his Juliet? Marylin tells me everyday to forget him but I can't. I even remembered him when I lost my memory. That has to be a sign. I'm sitting here, staring at my phone. Just one call. Just one text. He tells me he's sorry but I know exactly what he is doing right now. He's finishing up a video and most likely sitting on the couch with her. With that Amy girl.

Mark's POV:

My apology just made her cry. She hasn't texted or called all day. I really need her. I looked to my left to see Amy. Just her face makes me want to cry. She doesn't smell like coconut like Emma does. She doesn't have long brown hair like Emma does. She isn't shy like Emma is. She isn't as pretty as Emma. She doesn't make my heart beat like Emma does. She isn't Emma. I cannot handle it anymore.

"Amy, you should gather your things and go home."

" Mark?"

"Just go."

"Mark, what's goi-"

"Amy, I can't be with you, okay?"

Tears filled her eyes. She felt awful but I couldn't feel a thing. Not even pity. I've gone numb to every emotion but sadness. I've gone numb to every thought except for Emma. I don't love Amy, I never did.

"I'm sorry Mark."

"So am I. Just go before you make me feel bad."

With that she ran upstairs and grabbed everything she owned and walked out, slamming the front door. She didn't even fight for me like Emma would of. Now I'm just sitting on the sofa, staring at my phone. I wonder if maybe Emma is too.

Your POV:

I'm sitting on my bed. I haven't moved my position. I'm still staring at my phone. I'm trying to look away and forget about it but I just can't. Something keeps me drawn in, but what? Mark. that's what.

Mark's POV:

Will she call me if I sit here and wait? I'd wait here my whole life if that meant she'd call. I'll wait for Emma. I'd always wait for Emma. Why would I change that now?

"I love you, Emma," I whispered.