Chapter Ten - Marylin

Mark's POV:

I still sat at her bedside. I've just been staring at her. I've been here for 24 hours now. I haven't gotten any sleep. It's been horrible. I felt my phone vibrate. Text message. I looked up to see Emma's mom and a girl that looked Emma's age. The girl had black hair and brown eyes. She had a band t-shirt on, skinny jeans, and some converse. Her makeup done. Cat eye and some deep red lipstick. She looked to be emo. I gave a slight smile. 

"I'm gonna go to the cafeteria, I gotta make a phone call and I really need some coffee," I said.

"Before you go, This is Marylin. She's one of Emma's closest friends. Just thought you'd like to know," Emma's mom kindly said.

"Nice to meet you Marylin," I said with a smile. "Sorry to be rude, this is important."

I left the room before anything else could be said.

I got my coffee and I sat at one of the tables. The room is empty. Completely empty in fact. I pulled out my phone. It was Amy. I called her and put her on speaker.

"Hello, Mark?"

"Yeah."

"Are you okay, I haven't heard from you since you left!"

"Amy, Everything is fine. I'm still at the hospital. She got into a car accident in an attempt to end her own life. She's lost her memory slightly. She's only woke up once since I've been here and she doesn't remember who I am."

"Oh my god! You sound sleepy?"

"I haven't slept since I got here."

"Babe! Do I need to come down."

That word again. I hate hearing it from her now.

Babe

"No, it'll be fine. I gotta go. I'm sorry.

"Okay, I lo-"

I hung up. I couldn't stand hearing her say those words right now. She's not Emma.

"Damn, not even gonna tell her you love her?"

I quickly turned around. Marylin was behind me the whole time. She giggled and sat in the chair in front of me.

"Mark, I know everything. Emma tried to tell me that you guys didn't feel anything for each other, but I saw through her. I always do."

I was silent. I didn't know what to do.

"And to just get up and be with somebody else? Wow, what the hell? That's pretty shitty, you know."

"I know, and I regret it more each day. I really love Emma, she's just too young."

"So you fucked her over?"

"I didn't mean too I-"

"Why the hell are you even here?"

She had every right to be upset. I'm upset at myself.

"Because I still care."

"Do you care or are you just fucking around with her emotions because trust me, she's been through enough of that shit."

"I know."

"Then why the hell did you do it?"

"I don't know. I wish I didn't"

"But you did. I hated you when Emma watched you on YouTube but goddamn, I hate you so much more now."

"What?"

"You're a shitty person and I've always known it. That's "what"."

"I'm sorry."

"Your lucky we're in a hospital otherwise I'd show you sorry. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna sit with my best friend. She's kinda in the hospital, thanks to your dumb ass."

With that, she walked out.

___________________________________________________________________

Marylin's POV:

I walked back up to Emma's hospital room. I can't believe this happened. I really hope she makes it out of this. I don't know what the hell I'd do without her. I sat down next to her bedside and grabbed her hand.

"Emma, you shouldn't have done this. He's just a dick, you can do better than him."

I fight the tears. She isn't gonna reply. I hope she makes it though, I really do. This should have never even happened. If I would have just told Emma I knew and told her to be careful, this would have never happened. She would have came to me the night her heart broke. She wouldn't be in this bed in front of me with scared wrists, and burns, cuts, and bruises covering her body. Every mark on her body couldn't take away how strong she is or how beautiful she is. I know Emma will make it through. She simply just has to. Right?