Ch 2 : role the dice

4 days later
..........

Welp ....another night of no sleeping .....greaaaaaaat.....
Manny thought as the 23 yawn in 5 minutes escaped his mouth.
He has been pacing around his room , trying to keep himself awake.
He tired everything , running in place , reminding himself what will happen if he tries to sleep ,but he just ends up even more tired.

*knock , knock *

Manny groaned as he stopped pacing around.
The 'teachers' have been knocking at his door every single day and every day they  ask him, threaten him to open the door but he always says-

"Go away !"

As expected there was silence , for Manny this meant the being was gone and he could go back to no sleeping and-

*knock , knock *

Manny stepped a bit closer to the door. Normally they would leave.........but.....

"You know it's rude to waste someone's time "

Oh... him.

The stupid clock that made his ears bleed . Now that he thought of it , the clock never came upstairs to bother him...ever.

"What is it  Mr. Clock ?", Manny asked with a yawn.

Even though he should have been cranky and annoyed , his voice still sounded childish and innocent like.

"I was going to tell you something ", the clock said with a strong British accent.

"A-are you going r-rot me alive unless I opened the door ?", Manny asked hoping that wasn't it.

"I'll keep that in mind next time , but no ", the clock responded.

Manny gulped.

" what is it ?", He asked

"Do you want to see your friends again ?"

That made Manny get on high alert. He rushed to the door , listening closely.

"What are you talking about ?"

"Your friends , I can take you to them "

Wait .....this was a trick right ?

"Are you saying that I have to die to see them ?", Manny asked with confusion.

"No, the complete opposite actually ", the clock chuckled darkly.

Manny was confused , he was just a child after all.

"Could you E-Explain it to me ", he asked forgetting that he was talking to a murderous clock.

All he wanted was to have his friends back.

"I would be wasting time explaining such complicated time physics to a child "

"I'm not a child!", Manny yelled.

Technically he was cause he was only 10 and Robin said that he was still a kid until he turned 17.It seemed strange but who was he to question Robin , the smartest one of the bunch.

"If you open the door I can explain it to you ", The clock coed.

"No, you wanna trick me ! ", Manny yelled as he backed slowly away from the door.

"Now why would I do that ?"

"Cause........cause you....wanna kill me , just like my friends ",Manny said.

"Why would I be here talking to you when I can just teleport in and kill you ?", the clock reasoned darkly.

Manny stiffened.

"Or I could just rot you away and I don't even have to come in "

Manny shivered , he didn't want to experience that again.

"So why don't you open the door and let Mr. Clock in ", he said in the sweetest tone possible , but still sounding creepy and morbid.

But Manny really had no choice right now, the clock had cornered him verbally and literally.
It was either opening the door to a 99% of dying , or leaving it locked with a 100% of dying.
But for his friends .......he was willing to roll those dice.