Ch 5: childish tendencies Part 1

Tick tock
.......
....
.......
...
Tick tock
....
....
Manny groaned softly as he opened his eyes slowly , adjusting to the brightness of the room.
He yawned as he slowly sat up.
To be completely honest that was the best sleep he had in years.
It reminded him of the time he-

*sigh*

Manny's thoughts where interrupted by Tony,  fast asleep on the edge of the bed , leaning on the bed post.
It didn't seem very comfortable but the clock looked a bit relaxed.
Manny's  stomach grumbled, he hadn't eaten since yesterday. He could pick an apple from the tree but he wanted some actual food.
And Paige did say that he could go downstairs.

....but with Tony's supervision .......

With all his efforts , Manny got out of bed and walked to Tony's side.
He shakily extended a hand out to wake Tony up but he slowly retreated it.
He didn't want the clock to be angry at him , it was pretty early.
But on the other hand if he did wake up he would get mad at him for going downstairs alone.
But......he was pretty hungry and the others where probably asleep too.

But...........-

His stomach grumbled again, this time it hurt.
Well hunger wins , he wouldn't take long.
He was just gonna go downstairs and grab something else other than apples , he would come back before Tony woke up.
So with his mind set on food he headed to the door.
He walked outside and slowly closed it behind him , making sure that it didn't make any noise.
He tip toed downstairs , on high alert for any noise.
It was quiet, uneasily quiet as he walked down he started thinking .
There is no food....and if there was it certainty must have gone bad or something.
Then he thought of the small garden they had out front.
Robin put it to show him 'responsibility ' but since he always forgot to water them, Harry put an automatic sprinkler.
That garden had cucumbers, tomatoes , sweet peppers .
Manny's mouth watered at the thought.
Though he didn't like vegetables that much , well.........you'll eat anything if your starving.
Once he got to the bottom he looked around , cautiously heading to the door.
They must be asleep.
He smiled and speed walked to the door, he was about to open it but-

"Oh Manny~"

Manny gulped, he recognized that voice from anywhere.
Slowly looking around to hope it wasn't who it thought it would be , he was disappointment to see a painfully familiar sketchbook.

"Y-yes miss Paige?", Manny asked cowardly as he fiddled with his hands.

The sketchbook was on the table of the dining room , she looked at Manny with a smile that could send anyone shivers .

"Do you mind helping me fetch the butter from behind the fridge I'm making breakfast", She said in the kindest voice.

Though if you knew her then it would sound disturbing.
Manny stood there....thinking .
What she asked was not an option, that much he knew.
But this didn't seem right...........maybe he should go wake Tony up-

His stomach grumbled agian.

Ok......just help quickly, go grab some food from the garden and rush upstairs. It was just getting the butter from the fridge , it would be a quick deed. Manny nodded at the choice as he approached the dinning room.
Paige hoped off the table and headed to the kitchen , where she pointed at the fridge.

"T-the fridge w-won't s-sing r-right ?", Manny asked before stepping anywhere near it.

"No , it normally doesn't do that until Meat and Spinach start singing ", Paige said as she hoped up to the counter and did her own thing.

Manny looked back at the fridge , memories threatened to return but he pushed them away. Opening the fridge he bent down and looked for the butter , until he found it.....all the way behind the fridge.
Carefully he reached for the butter, basically crawling into the fridge.
He was cautious to not hit his head.

"S-so you g-guys eat?", Manny asked , sparking up a conversation.

"Yes friend , we eat but I'm usually the one to make the food ", Paige explained.

Manny nodded as he got a hold of the butter.

"O-ok I a-almost h-have it ", Manny said.

"That's great friend ", Paige said, sounding joyful.

Manny was slowly backing up , with the butter in his hands.

"I didn't miss breakfast did I ?"

"Tony ?!", Paige gasped.

Manny panicked and hit his head , still halfway inside the fridge.
He got out, leaving the butter and massaging his head with a groan.
He looked at Tony with pain , he would have been scared but his injury wouldn't let him.
Tony was leaning by the entrance to the kitchen .. Glaring at him, then at Paige with even more anger.
Manny was a bit confused so he turned towards the sketchbook.
Once he did , he quickly backed up against the fridge with fear, nearly falling since it was still opened.
Paige was on a stool placed infront of the fridge , she was holding up a knife at him , ready to strike .
But now she looked at him with fear and then looked back at Tony the same way.
Manny was in complete shock , his hurting head was far less important right now.
He looked at her and then looked at Tony .

"This isn't what it looks like ", Paige said, not moving her position.

"Oh I'm sure you can explain yourself ", Tony said sarcastically , but still looking at her with a glare.

He then turned his gaze towards Manny and his expression hardened even more.

"You, upstairs now !", he ordered.

Manny didn't waste a second and quickly walked away from the scene. Once he was out of sight he ran upstairs , ignoring his grumbling stomach.
He should have just eaten some apples.
....
.......
..
...
...
*a couple minutes before *
...
Tony yawned as he stretched, he didn't remember falling asleep.
Opening his eyes he expected to see Manny still in bed but his eyes widened to see that he was wrong.
Tony quickly got up and franticly looked around, he went to go look inside the bathroom but he wasn't there, he searched every corner of that room when suddenly the only conclusion came clear.

He went downstairs.

And the others would wake up any minute!
But then Tony relaxed a bit.
It was 7:00 a.m , the others wouldn't wake up until nine .....except for ......Paige!
he went back to panic mode , he rushed downstairs hoping it wasn't too late.
He looked around the living room.

"Yes friend , we eat but I'm the one that usually makes the food "

That was Paige.
Tony walked to the dinning room, then halfway through the entrance of the kitchen.
He saw Paige , holding up a knife
and Manny with half his body in the fridge. He glared at them , furious at both. Leaning at the entrance he stared at Paige , just to see if she would dare do it.
Boy aren't they both in trouble.