Ch 3: the friend card

"So  you going to open the door?"

Manny trembled as he reached for the door nob.

"Hello?", The clock asked.

All his mind was saying was

No, no,no,no,no,no

But he had to open it, if it was the only chance to at least see his friends for a while....for a second he would do it.

He would be willing to let that clock in.

Gulping he unlocked the door and with his eyes closed shut he opened the door and waited.
Holding his breathe , he waited for it to finally be over.
For his mind to say 'I told you so, I said he would kill you .

But nothing came .

Opening one eye with fear he looked at the clock , he was shorter than he remembered.
About the same size as him.
He opened both eyes to look at the clock .
And his appearance changed  too, he looked ........nice .
No! He couldn't think that about someone who was responsible for making his Friends disappear.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you letting me in ?"

That was all it took to snap Manny back to reality. Cautiously he stepped aside for the clock to enter , all safety that he once felt slipped away as he shut the door and locked it once again. Sighing , he expected the worse to come as he turned around. The clock also turned to face him as well.

"A-bout .....m-my friends", Manny managed to say.

He couldn't blame himself , that clock caused him Fear ....anything he said out of line ANYTHING and he would be bleeding from his ears again.
The clock frowned as he paced around the room.

"Right, my other students ...terribly sorry for what happened , if we had only known what that meat and spinach where up too we would have never let them teach "

Manny couldn't believe what he was hearing. Looking at the clock pace around he angrily stated.

"This was all your faults ! All of you ! Not just the talking foods "

The clock stopped pacing , halfway across the room he looked at Manny with a glare.

"Oh please get off your high hoarse , your the one who ATE your FRIEND!"

Manny was taken aback , looking down memories sank in.
Tears started to drip down as he remembered what he had done.
He tried to stop it but it was no use , he was right after all.
He had eaten his best friend and one of his father figures.

"Look I'm sorry , I shouldn't have mentioned that ", the clock admitted with a sigh.

Manny sniffed as he looked up.

"Now about seeing your friends agian , I'm a clock .....a special one , and If you want we can reverse time to an exact time frame where your friends are still intact and save them from the catastrophic events to come "

Manny wiped his tears as he looked at the clock with a confused look.

"Y-you l-lost me at......time "

The clock sighed in defeat.

"We can time travel to where your friends started disappearing and prevent the disappearances from occurring ", he tried again.

Manny once again looked at him with confusion.

"We go back in time, find your friends before they died , save them , come back and everything is normal ", the clock repeated but in simpler terms.

"Oooooooooooohhhhhhh", Manny stated with a nod.

"Now in order to do that we first must go downstairs ", the clock said as he headed for the door.

Manny quickly blocked it which made the clock step back a bit in shock.

"B-but t-that's w-where the o-others are "

"Naturally, yes", the clock said as he stepped towards Manny.

"They wanna k-kill me ", Manny said fearfully.

"But I won't let them", The clock said as if it was obvious.

Manny looked at him with suspicion.

"If you don't want to believe me fine, but this is the only chance you have on saving your friends "

Darn , the friend card
Manny thought as he sighed in defeat as he slowly stepped aside.
The clock easily unlocked the door and stepped out. Manny followed , hesitantly closing the door behind him . Going downstairs, he awaited the horrors he was going to see before him.