27 - Planning

The next morning neither Ray nor Danny wanted to leave the comfort of the bed they'd shared the night before.

They'd been awake for a while now, but in fear of having to get up if she opened her eyes, Danny stayed curled into Rays side with their legs obtained and her arm thrown lazily over his chest as he held her close. He knew she was awake, but he didn't push her to move and instead just watched the slight separation of her lips and the rise and fall of her bare shoulders as she breathed.

They'd made love all throughout the night and Ray had never felt so satisfied and full with happiness. He'll, Danny had made him feel a lot of things in the short time they'd know each other.

But Ray wasn't naive enough to focus all his attention on his feelings and Danny was smart enough to know that wasn't possible too. Because no matter how long they stayed in that bed and feigned ignorance to the world around them, that didn't mean everything else just stopped.

"Daniela?"

"I know I know. Just......just stay with me five more minutes."

Ray wanted to disagree, but he didn't say anything and instead let Danny have the time she wanted.

Ten minutes later they were both finally up and they dressed and got ready again in a comfortable silence. They didn't have any clothes besides the ones they wore to the dinner the night before and Ray was infatuated as he watched Danny slide into that satin black dress that did wonders for his imagination.

Her hair was a mess of dark wavy curls and her makeup was gone, but she looked even more stunning than the night before.

"Is it okay?" Ray asked, gripping her elbow gently and looking down at the rip in fabric where he could see bandages beneath.

Danny looked down to and shrugged. "It's sore but like you said, it's just a graze right? What about you?"

"Nothing I haven't handled before."

When they were done getting dressed and had finished checking out Ray and Danny waited at a dinner down the street for Gage to come pick them up.

Things were still quiet, but the both of them were two lost in their own thoughts to speak anyway. Last night had been their break from all the drama and shooting but today they couldn't hide anymore. Ray had business to take care of and things he needed to discuss and, if Danny wanted to make this work, she had business of her own she needed to get in line.

"What's up runaway lovers? Any shots been fired today?" Gage asked, a wide smile on his face as he stepped out of the car.

As usual Ray ignored him and instead turned to face Danny.

"Remember just go straight home and talk to your parents. No where else."

"Ray I've got to go to school. I won't sit in class but I've gotta explain to my teachers why I've been absent and why I probably will be a few more days."

"Danny-"

"Look, I get that things are dangerous right now. I promise I'm not gonna put myself at risk or do anything reckless. Okay?"

Ray wanted to argue. The fact of the matter was Ray knew without a doubt that he could handle anyone who came for him, but he couldn't protect Danny if she wasn't by his side. He also couldn't trap her there forever though. Unlike Ray who was pretty much invisible to society, Danny had family and friends and teachers and classmates who would all question her sudden disappearance.

She had to go back and give them some excuse. And Ray had to let her.

"If you see or feel anything suspicious, if you're creeper out or scared in any way, you call me and I'll be there."